Tuesday, August 26, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): skool


 



shirt, shoes, sunglasses ~ Target
jeans ~ Goodwill, thrifted

The kids' first day of school was yesterday. For some reason, I woke up at 2:00 AM for the day on
Monday. I woke up and started worrying that I hadn't planned everything out for them. What if they didn't have the right forms signed? What if Eva didn't remember to put her pencil box in her backpack? All the stuff that probably doesn't matter in the long run, but that for some reason, kept me up the remainder of the night. At 5:00 I went for a run, hoping to clear my mind, and then sat down to write Henry's teacher a letter per her request.
She wanted us to write about our kids...their likes and dislikes, what we wish for them this year, what she should look out for. I started writing, and before I knew it, I had written almost two pages of information about Henry. And I was tired, man was I tired, which is why when I tried to write, "We really hope Henry has a great school year", I actually wrote "shcool year". In pen. After already writing two pages. And I was too tired to start over. So I crossed it out, like crazily crossed it out, like scribbled over it until I almost ripped the paper. Because I didn't want Henry's teacher to judge Henry just because on four hours of sleep his mom doesn't know how to spell school.
xo,
megan bird

19 comments:

  1. Haha! That's cute... great idea for the teacher to ask for that though!
    Awesome outfit! Those shoes are killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!!! What a nice idea though from that teacher-might have to steal it!
    Nice snuggly sweatshirt you've got on there! I am wearing my most slouchiest outfit today- bamboo sort of Moroccan trousers and a baggy Sylvester the cat t-shirt!
    Oh and I have had 2 school nightmares so far this holiday- always get school dreams on the return stretch!¬x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... that's a funny story... and a seriously cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is more stressed for the kid's first day than they are!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me smile. I am pretty sure I'll be the same way when Oliver goes to school!

    LOVE those jeans and you can never go wrong with a Gophers shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the teacher is so interested! And I'm sure she's too busy to judge your spelling. :) Love your shirt, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! haha those things happen, especially on four hours of sleep! I'm always worried about little mistakes like that, because as the teacher, I don't want the parents judging me on that either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute I am loving these leopard wedges!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you made me chuckle all the way through this. You are a great Mom! I love to hear about your escapades that are real and full of love.

    Yes, I do think I do deserve that cute gingham dress. thanks! I needed that! lol

    Thanks for your warm friendship and your continued blog buddie-ness! (haahaha, is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you were able to squeeze a nap in yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I'm sure that she understands. Every mom/teacher would have! How cool that you took the time to write such a lovely letter. And that sounds like a great idea! I love your shoes and tee. Hope the day went/goes swimmingly for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been reading all the blogs I follow :-( I'm getting back in the game! :-)

    Cute outfit as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO! This just proves what an awesome mom you are! I love this look! Really! It reminds me of Josie and The Pussycats, only modern. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! That's kind of funny. I'm sure the teachers see all kinds and you have nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha. aww. I love this tale. I also admire that this teacher asked the parents to write a letter. What a nice gesture and reminder that the kids will be with this teacher for a whole year so it's nice that this teacher wants to know the students! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, that is such a great idea! And I'm sure she won't judge you, haha. How is it possible that since becoming a mom, my level of worry has at least quadrupled...?! I can't imagine school yet! Anyway, I love this look--the casual + snazzy heels is a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love that idea!! i hope they had a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great idea for the teacher to have you write letters about your kiddos. How precious, that would really make me feel like she cares about each of them and they're in good hands. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded shcool after reading the beautiful words you probably wrote about him! Hope they are having a good first week! I'm loving your back to school look! Those shoes!!!!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol..really lol'd. You are funny.

    ReplyDelete