Thursday, August 28, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): road trippin'




capelet~ b. (a resale shop)
tee~ Old Navy
jeans~ thrifted
shoes~ DSW

When it comes to road trips, I think you either love them or you hate them. I fit into the latter category. I really don't love them. I really don't enjoy driving or being in a car in the first place, so long periods of time in the car are not my favorite. I am a super anxious passenger (and just person in general) and a horrible backseat driver, but I also really don't want to drive for long stretches. I can't read in the car without getting nauseous and I find it hard to fall asleep while someone is driving, so there is really nothing I can do to distract myself from the fact that we are driving and driving and driving forever. Add two young kids into the mix and it makes it that much more difficult. Basically, I am the last person you want on your road trip. That said, guess where I am right now? On a road trip with Jim and the kids, on our way to visit Jim's grandma. Luckily, by the time you are reading this, we will be just about to our destination! But as I am writing this, I am anxious about the trip and really hoping that someone invents a way to teleport before we have to leave. Seriously, how amazing would it be if we could just teleport everywhere? So amazing. Someone should really get on that.

xoxo, nora bird

16 comments:

  1. This is a cute capelet and you styled it well. I don't like long road trips either and don't sleep while someone else is driving. I will do fine if I watch a movie. Have a safe drive and enjoy the trip to see grandma.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks super-cute! Regarding road-trips, they're fun on a motorcycle, boring in a car. Travel on two wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love road trips, but i don't sleep and can't read either. i think i love packing the snacks, making a playlist, and researching the destination more! but i've driven across the us several times (for fun) so maybe i do like them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on this!!! Cute capelet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a rather anxious person too and I definitely get anxious on road trips. It was tough going to St. Louis earlier this summer with a baby in tow but I survived! I hope your trip goes well too! LOVE the capelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Road trips are not my cup of tea. Plus, Sadie gets car seat, so that is enough right there to put me off of them!

    That capelet is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the boring bit for road trips in general. Although I'm doing my best to try to change that opinion. I think if you have the ability to stop more often and explore more places along the way without worrying about being "on schedule" they should be more relaxing and fun. I've yet to try it out yet though.

    I also get car sick.

    I hope the trip went okay.

    Your outfit and shoes are super cute.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get car sick so unless I am driving (which more than 4 hours of driving at a time is not my idea of a great time) I don't care much about road trips with a lot of driving involved, unless frequent stops are made.

    That bolero jacket is mighty cute. So unique. Great shoes too. You are looking so sassy!!

    Have a Great Holiday Weekend Ladies!! <3 Ada.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually love road trips! But with kids it can get a little anxiety-ridden for sure. Our first road trip with the kids we borrowed a minivan with a DVD player in it. I used to rag on people with DVD players in their minivans. I would wonder how much TV a kid needed anyway. That was UNTIL I took a road trip with my kids. Lifesaver. I hope you have a great trip! I love the bolero! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so with you! I have friends who drive to Florida and California for trips, and I'm like I can't even handle the drive to Madison...

    xx
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I normal fall asleep in the car. I hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I wish my hair that kind of volume! It is just too cute! I love the little vest too! I am the opposite, I looooove road trips! Maybe you need something better to distract you? Maybe play a game with the kids or something?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so understand you. I hope this time rod trip wasn't so bad and you are having great time. Wonderful casual and yet chic look.

    xoxo Ra

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love road trips.... as long as I don't have to drive very much. I am a very anxious driver as well and I'm always a nervous wreck when there's a ton of traffic. If it's a lesser traveled back road, I will drive forever... but interstates? Forget it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look super tall! That capelet is so cute too. I don't love road trips either. Fortunately I can read in the car but I also can't sleep when someone else is driving. I'm convinced we will get in a terrible accident that I could have prevented by yelling, "watch out!" or something to that effect. haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. you dont look anxious, you look like an anthropologie model on shoot! I am the same way about driving.. I take dramamine so i dont get car sick, and that helps. Yes to teleporting!!!
    xx, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete