Tuesday, August 19, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): 20




shirt~ Mille
jeans~ thrifted
shoes~ Target
headband~ Urban Outfitters

This past weekend, Jim and I traveled to his hometown to attend his 20th high school reunion. It was a three-part event which started on Friday evening with a sort of pre-reunion reunion party at a local hole in the wall bar. This was the third of Jim's reunions that I have attended and I really enjoy his former classmates and would even count a few of them among my dearest friends, so it was a fun night. Lots of reminiscing and laughs. The next day there was a family picnic at a local park which was also a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day and we just sat around watching our kids play, relaxing in the sun, and eating potato chips. Later that night was the official reunion, so we went back to Jim's parent's house to nap and rest up for the big event. Unfortunately, I awoke feeling feverish and with quite possibly the worst headache I have ever had. I could barely move without feeling nauseated and bursting into tears. It was horrible. I felt bad missing out on the actual reunion, but I spent the rest of my evening in bed while Jim and his classmates partied the night away. He ended up having a fun night and, although it really really sucked being sick, the introvert in me may have been secretly relieved not to have to get dressed up and socialize yet again! Just don't tell Jim or he'll think I faked the whole thing!

xoxo, nora bird

22 comments:

  1. my 20th is next year--eek! i cannot believe i admitted it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when bird prints were in like 10-12 years ago and I owned some pieces. I wish I had them now. I adore your T-Shirt. And as far as anniversaries, I have some years left till my 20th but yeah time flies. I feel like now that I am in my 30s and a Mom, each day seems faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in this casual outfit! Love the headband. Oh my gosh, high school reunions. I avoid them (don't tell)! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - my 20th is just a couple of years away. Eek! At least you got to have fun for the first part of the day... but fevers and headaches are never fun (even if they do allow you to skip social time - ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tee! Reunions can be fun but for introverts like me, they're stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, too bad you ended up getting sick! That's no fun! But yeah...we left our high school reunion early to hang out with a much smaller group of friends, so I get that! LOVE that shirt. I know a few people who might want that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit! What an awesome shirt! Oh god, I am thankful that our reunion was super casual, or I would have been a mess! That is a lot of socializing for one weekend, and being sick is never fun. Rest is really what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reunions can be a blast!
    So sorry to hear you got sick- no bueno. :(

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a bit of a bummer.

    I'm never sure about reunions. Glad your man still managed to enjoy himself.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute t-shirt. Sorry you had to miss out on the reunions. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything with an animal print. I went to my reunion last summer. It was my first and last. I also am an introvert and it was way too stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the headband!
    http://soworkweekchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 25th is next year, I cant wait. You made it to all the other functions so you did well, I hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about your headache. The good news is that is the best shirt ever; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling better
    That shirt is just adorable
    Love the split up the side
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope you're on the mend! I adore the shirt--love horses! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw what a bummer that you missed the reunion, but I am glad you got to enjoy the other events. I'm sure Jim and his classmates understood though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the tee and shoes! i remember when reunions were one night at the bar - guess as we get older it turns into a family affair!

    [oomph.]
    $300 Sephora Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! I hope you are feeling better by now! I love the slits in that tee and your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a bummer! I hope you're all better now. But I do totally know that feeling of relief when you can't do something that you know will be fun, but it's still an effort to go do. :) Oh and I love that t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my heck, Nora I LOVE THAT T ! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete