Monday, August 25, 2014

inspiration monday: reason #3,562

the inspiration
Sophia Bush

megan bird



dress ~ H&M
vest ~ Kohls
shoes ~ thrifted
necklaces ~ Heartbreaker, Forever 21
belt ~ Target

nora bird



jacket ~ thrifted
dress ~ Urban Outfitters
boots ~ gift from mom

Saturday, we went to the farmer's market with the specific intent of buying this hot sauce for our brother-in-law. We had bought some for ourselves over a month ago, and loved it so much we wanted to share. We came and went from the farmer's market without the hot sauce. Such is life these days.

It just so happened, though, that on Sunday, we had breakfast at a little restaurant in South Minneapolis that was right next to another small farmer's marker. And it just so happened that the guy was there selling the very same hot sauce.

I walked up to him and told him how serendipitous it was that he happened to be there, and that we had bought some from him a while ago, yada yada yada....and he said, "Oh yeah, I remember you guys!"

On the drive home, I said to Chris, "I think the reason people remember us is because of you. Me, I'm just another brown-haired girl from Minnesota, but most people remember a bald guy." To which Chris replied, "Have you looked in the mirror lately? Everyone remembers you."

And he was 100% sincere. Because even if that may not be true, it's true to Chris. And this is reason #3,562 why I love my husband.

xoxo,
megan bird

For next week's inspiration picture and rules on how to play along, click here!

18 comments:

  1. That's so sweet, you've got a great guy there. Also, love both of these looks. The inspiration outfit is awesome and I like the little tweaks you both made to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and what you both did with it! I'm still off of work today but I'm going to do a post on this look for tomorrow because I love it that much!

    And Chris wins!!! What a sweet guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that is so sweet. He's a keeper :) I love both of your takes on the look-Megan, the pink accents are perfect, and Nora that dress with the boots is such a pretty combo. I'm looking forward to breaking out the ankle booties soon too! (My feet were too hot this weekend...it's been pretty steamy here in KC.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.... so sweet! I love the floral/Army jacket look so much... I'm currently wearing a floral shirt and Army jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both nails this outfit. Glad you find the hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, Chris is sweet! I love both of your ensembles. Great replication or inspiration. Photo shoots are still a bit hard on me but I think I just maybe able to pull off next weeks with ease. Oh, so close to not having any chemo symptoms and I am LOVING IT!!! (two full weeks - but so far, so good) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's lovely!!! And true- you are memorable!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I almost posed in my nightie and pajama shirt to join in- I was wearing a khaki silk nightie slip dress and a grey pajama shirt- then decided it was probably not a good idea!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are so cute! Reminds me I need a military jacket asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous gorgeous look, and you girls pulled it off perfectly! i would want to wear this at least 2x a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet! I love hearing stories like this. And my husband is a hot sauce fanatic! It is a big reason that I get him out of bed early on Saturdays to go to the Farmer's Market. I love you ladies' black dresses and military jackets/vests. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, that's the sweetest! And he's right - how could one forget you??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your inspiration Mondays are some of my favorite fashion posts of you both, because you always manage to keep the look 100% to your style identity. I pretty much wore an identical outfit (paisley floral dress, cognac flat booties and olive green military jacket) sometime in Spring of 2013. I remember it very well. Great job with each take here Megan and Nora.

    Have a Fantastic last week of August, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how sweet is your husband! And I am wondering about this hot sauce... I want some :-) Love the army green and florals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the green over the flowing dress.
    I will have to remember this for cooler weather
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  16. great look. love how you added the pop of pink

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I have that vest and wear it way too much!! I don't know why I was shocked to see you wearing it. Love this outfit

    ReplyDelete