Friday, August 15, 2014

bird's nest: the scamp tour

I talk about camping all the time on the blog, so I thought I'd share with you all our home away from home for about half of the summer weekends!

Chris and  I both agree that aside from our house, the best purchase we have made is the Scamp. It makes it so much easier for us to camp, as everything we need is neatly packed away year round. All we have to do is hitch it up to the car and go!

So without further adieu, here is our favorite weekend getaway...



You will rarely see this table set up in the Scamp.It's nice to have in case it rains; we can eat here or play cards...but normally how you will see it is like this...


MAGIC!!! Is it a table or a bed? 
(spoiler alert, it's both!)

This is where Chris and I sleep. Unless it's the end of October, and we're in northern Minnesota, it's snowing and we're in a non-electric site...then the whole family sleeps here cuddled up together (wearing winter hats). Yeah, we camp in the snow.


This is Beatrice the Scamp mascot. As soon as we bought the Scamp, I found her at a garage sale for $.25. She hasn't left the Scamp since.




We rarely use the fridge, but have just recently started using the stove top to make coffee in the mornings. I love a good campfire coffee, but propane boils water a lot faster than a campfire.


This is where we store anything and everything we could need while camping, including wet wipes, every single piece of first aide you can imagine, and all the bug sprays! The little floral basket is full of books for both adults and kids.


The bench seating doubles as a...


Bunk bed!! MORE MAGIC!!!


There you have it...our little camping paradise! Do you like to camp?

Happy Friday....we're off to camp today!
xo,
megan bird

20 comments:

  1. Cool!!!! It's so pretty and neat!!! Have you ever read the Happy Caravan blog? Yours reminds me of hee finished products! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one; especially if you do the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always wanted one of those! or an airstream! love it--too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to have a little camper like this growing up. It's amazing how sneaky they are with the space, everything is magic. And yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have decorated it so beautifully and such a great combination of colours and patterns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course your scamp would be ADORABLE! I had no doubts. And I want one. We keep talking about getting a bigger trailer someday but I think a scamp would suffice just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww it is SO CUTE! I see all of your personal touches, which I'm sure makes it that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I WANT ONE! We saw a Scottie last year while camping and wanted that, but the Scamp is even cuter! I love all of your personal touches as well! We are lame and have tents. But, ONE DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I've been obsessing over Scamps for awhile now and squeal every time I see one. Some day I will find one for the right price and hopefully decorate it as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so stinkin' cute! I love that you can just get up and go any time. So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to check out the scamp...decor is perfect. I am saving for one!! I can't wait!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so neat! And it looks so much more spacious than from the outside. I think that would make camping so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest thing ever! I would probably LOVE camping a lot more if I had a scamp like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The way you decorated it is so cute! I've never gone camping but you're making me want to!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay what a fun Scamp and I love that it is all decked out in items similar to the wonderful afghan you gave to me!! You and Nora are the best!!!

    ... And if you haven't heard, chemo 6 is on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It makes so much more sense why you like camping so much. This is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh, what a happy post - love that your family gathers inside scamp even in the snow - must make amazing memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is wonderful! I haven't camped in years, but this has made me want to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute. I do like camping but don't get out as much as I would like. I love the who new glamping idea, as I need coffee when camping too. LOL http://soworkweekchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is so cute and colorful!! A perfect little place to get away in!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete