Thursday, July 31, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): number nine




tank~ Urban Outfitters
skirt~ hand-me-down from Megan
shoes~ Target
necklace~ Petit Oiseau

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, then you may already know that Jim and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary last Wednesday. To mark the occasion, we decided to take a weekend getaway to Wisconsin Dells. If you are from the Midwest, you most likely know about the Dells. It's considered "The Water Park Capital of the World". It is this crazy little tourist destination in the middle of Wisconsin with a water park on every corner and all sorts of other crazy activities and fun to be had. Jim's parents kindly watched our kids so we could enjoy a couple days of alone time with each other. And boy, did we ever! We went horseback riding, zip-lining (I have a crippling fear of heights and this was terrifying, but SO MUCH FUN! Also, did I mention terrifying?), got a couples massage, spent an afternoon playing arcade games like 12-year old kids, slept in late (7:30 a.m. is late, right?), went swimming in the lake, ate at some really great restaurants, drank some evening champagne and daytime margaritas, and killed zombies. Yes, you read that right. Happy nine years, babe! Let's go kill some zombies! Jim, my anything and everything zombie-obsessed husband, dragged me into this place where they give you laser tag guns and send you into this dark maze of rooms where REAL PEOPLE dressed as zombies try to attack you and you have to shoot them or get bit. (No, they don't actually bite. It's based on how close they get to you). I thought zip-lining was scary, but this seriously frightened the living daylights out of me. Jim said he has never heard anyone scream so loud as I did during our time in the maze. But, in the end, I ended up killing more zombies and getting less bites than Jim. I am pretty sure Jim was slightly disappointed, extremely surprised, but also very proud. It's a strange thing to have your husband be proud of, but I'll take it! So, happy nine years, Jim! The year of the zombie.

xoxo, nora bird

28 comments:

  1. My boyfriend wants to go zip lining but I told him to go with his friends haha. I don't think I would be able to do it! The zombie maze thing sounds SUPER fun though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! July must be a good month for weddings, eh? (Our anniversary was the 21st.)

    The zombie maze sounds like a blast but I'm afraid I'd have to cheat and carry a copy of the National Enquirer with me. Zombies are after brains, right, so it would make the perfect shield, hehe.

    Love the outfit; the yellow sandals really kick it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have that zombie thing in atl (fitting, as Walking Dead is filmed here) and I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like you had an amazing time. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. And I love the joyfulness of these swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That sounds like fun! My husband would LOVE that zombie thing. I would be like you...scared ****less but I'm sure your adrenalin was so high by the end of that you probably felt like a superhero.

    Happy Anniversary! You really know how to have fun : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I think my hubby would enjoy the zombie laser tag too. He's always saying that he's prepared for a zombie apocalypse if they decide to invade the beach :) Happy anniversary!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like THE most fun anniversary celebration! I have never ever heard of zombie laser tag but it's a brilliant idea. You are too cute in this outfit too, the skirt is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like the most fun time! Zombie laser tag is a thing - who knew?? Happy anniversary to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy anniversary! and i love our skirt. i love the length and flare of it. i've been in the search of the perfect skirt so my eyes pop whenever i see one i love. my eyes are popping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Nine is a big milestone! Sounds like you guys are a fun couple. What a perfect way to spend time together! I would be WAY more terrified of the zombies than the zip lining! But congrats to you for having the courage for both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! That sounds like an awesome get away!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ensemble of cuteness, my friend! So cute are you!!!!! I loved reading more details about your anniversary trip. You two are such a great couple and I am so glad you killed more zombies than Jim did. Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! So fun. =)
    Love that skirt on you AND those shoes!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. how fun!! we've been to the dells a few times! happy annviersary!! and what a beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's how to celebrate an anniversary. Dinner and flowers seems so boring in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  17. who doesn't love a swirly, pleated skirt!
    Love this
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great (and thrilling) way to celebrate your anniversary (happy belated, BTW!)! Fab hand-me-down skirt, too!!! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Who knew you were such a zombie killer?! Way to go! Happy anniversary, I'm glad you had fun! And speaking of fun, this outfit (and your twirly photos) is having lots of it, I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated happy anniversary. Looks like such a fun, fun place to be and also thrilling and wow you get to shoot some zombies, lol. Glad you guys had fun. I adore your shoes, that's from Target? and the skirt is so nice.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. horseback riding and zip-lining? sounds like a perfect celebration! and this skirt.. so, so gorgeous. also, had dinner with olive in the city blogger tonight, and we definitely talked about how much we love your blog for at least.. well.. 2 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a awesome anniversary weekend, it sounds like so much fun. I would feel the exact same way about zip lining I would love it and hate it all at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohmyword! I just love the movement in your skirt! Aren't those just the best for pictures?:) Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you had such a fabulous 9 year anniversary... Killing zombies and such. Man, that would scare the living day lights out of me-even more than ziplining! But both sound so much fun!
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy anniversary! The Ziplining would have terrified me as well, same fear of heights over here. That skirt is amazing :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a great vacation. I love your skirt! I would twirl non-stop in in.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary Nora. You look drop-dead stunning. That maxi dress paired with the dainty camisole and those wedges I love - it is all so beautiful! Pinning this, for sure. =)

    P.S. I fixed the link ladies - thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is an awesome anniversary celebration!!! Loved reading this. Rob and I are 9 years in as well!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hope you got my last comment! in case you didn't, such a funny post! i have a soft spot for Wisconsin Dells, as well as zombies! when I travel to the dells I always check out www.wisconsindells.com as it has way more helpful advice than wisdells.com --- check it out and add a link for your visitors!!

    ReplyDelete