Thursday, June 5, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): i see london




shirt~ Old Navy
shorts~ TJ Maxx
shoes~ Target
necklace~ gift from mother-in-law

This past weekend, Mimi and I were at TJ Maxx looking for a gift for my oldest sister, Carrie, who just celebrated her birthday. She had asked for clothes, so Mimi and I were searching the racks for Carrie-style items. Of course, I found a few things that I loved, too (see the shorts in the above photos), so off we went to the dressing room to try stuff on. While we were in there, I was putting items on and asking Mimi's opinions. Mostly, I was trying on shirts and summer dresses over my jeans, but I also had the shorts to try on, which required me to take off my jeans. When I did that, Mimi said, "Mom, there's your undies!" "Yep, there they are." "I see them, Mama. And they are really nice." "Alrighty, thanks, Mimi!" Then she began to make up a little ditty, all about mama's undies, and was singing it quite loudly. As I was quickly trying to get out of the shorts and back into my jeans, so as to avoid further comment and song about said undies, I heard about three other women muffling their laughter. One of them called out, "You've gotta love having company in the dressing room!" "Oh yeah! You sure do!" I called back, and we all had a good laugh. And then I got Mimi and myself out of there before anyone could see us! I guess it was worth it, because I got these cute shorts! And, I mean, now I can say I have a song written about me. So, there's that.

xoxo, nora bird

26 comments:

  1. I adore this look; summery and fresh...and look at those legs! Kids definitely know how to keep us humble and it looks like Mimi is already an expert at it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable story. You probably have no idea now deeply it resonates with me and my unfulfilled childhood desires. Pretty shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her. Well your shorts look fab.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those short are amazing. kids never amaze me with the things they say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! I love these shorts, they are so fun and look fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that is so funny! I love the tribal print on the shorts...they scream summer!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. these shorts are so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Oh yes, I am quite familiar. And I think it is quite flattering that you had a song written about your underwear AND got complimented on your underwear! Plus you got cute shorts so it's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling ensemble and your hair is longer but so cute! Thanks for the sweet compliment! Times like now those compliments are so much appreciated, let me tell ya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh, i want those shorts - i want them, want them, want them - so fun and playful and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny title! Love those shorts! I would love to get fun patterned shorts like these for summer!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha adorable! You left with a cute story and great shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is hilarious! Those shorts are soooo cute. I love the lace detail at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shorts are SOOOOO nice! Ha ha Mimi is hilarious!!! What a way to embarass you Mum (I must remember that one!)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shorts and what a sweet (and hilarious) story about the dressing room ditty! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny, and those shorts were a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha! Adorable. Both the story and the shorts : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute outfit-I love those shorts so much!:)
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always so fun!! You look great...the hair is on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These shorts are cute!! Love the jump shot. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  21. kids say the darndest things, right? too cute! and the shorts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL-cute story! My son did something similar around age five. In the change room in quite a loud voice he said, "I just love watching ladies undress."

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, there are so many times I've had stuff like that happen in the fitting rooms. And don't get me started about bathrooms... ;) Love the shorts you found!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha, hilarious!

    You look amazing. Love everything about your outfit!

    ReplyDelete