Thursday, June 12, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): How I Met the Sidewalk





pants ~ Target
shirt ~ Ross
necklace ~ Forever 21
shoes ~ Dots
earrings ~ Kohls
I mentioned yesterday that perhaps I'd share with you all how I got that enormous cut on my shoulder. It looks worse than it is (or maybe it doens't look bad at all), but it's a pretty funny story how it happened.
Nora and I decided to take our sister's *crazy* dog for a run last Saturday morning while we were in Vegas. I was the one holding the leash, and the sidewalks weren't quite wide enough for both Nora and I to be next to each other, so she was a bit behind me. As we ran, Willa (the dog) was crazy pulling, like arm out of my socket sort of pulling. When we got close to being done, she went certifiably nuts, jumping up and down and biting on the leash...and then she pulled with all of her might.
It just so happened that at the same time she was pulling, I stumbled on a rock (aka Vegas grass). Normally if this were to happen, I would catch myself and keep running, but when you have a 60 pound dog pulling you, and you are afraid to let go because you don't want the dog to run away, you hold on to the leash while falling down. And when you are being pulled while falling, you basically fly parallel to the ground. Nora was behind me and can attest to all of this.
So I flew and I fell, and I tried to hold on to the leash. But as I got closer to the ground, I realized that I was going to break my teeth if I didn't let go. So I let go. And I saved my teeth...at the expense of my shoulder, my knee, my wrist, and even my right boob. Yes, I scraped my right boob.
And then we got up and laughed (after Nora asked if I was ok) and ran the rest of the way. It was definitely an experience, and the dog didn't get a run the next day.
xo,
megan bird

23 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm glad your teeth are ok though ... that would have been horrible!

    And your shoes, I basically want them! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!!! but glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you scraps heal soon. My dog pulled my down a flight of stair once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow! Ow! Bloody ow. Glad you didn't get hurt worse, oh, and OW!

    I love that top, it's absolute perfection and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Thus why I would never run with a big dog.

    Poor boob! : (

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, you poor thing! Hope it heals quick. I have never attempted to run with my dogs but Oliver has pulled me before causing me to trip...so I understand!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so sorry. I can picture this happening in my mind. Dogs are naturally active and, unless trained to restrain that impulse, dart like crazy animals. And your fall reminds me of what happens when one falls off a motorcycle (as occurred to me in February). I hope you heal quickly and there isn't too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! That sounds rough - but I love that you laughed it off and kept on going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG How traumatic! I'm glad you are ok! What a good sister you are to take a fall for the dog and your sister! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek! Glad you are ok. SMH, crazy dogs lol.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, glad you're okay though!

    Super cute top, btw.

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm terrified of breaking my teeth, I'd have done the same. Ahrgh, mad dog! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shoes, THE SHOES! They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I can feel that pain as I am prone to falling. I knocked my teeth out when I was five (baby teeth) so I am amazed I still have teeth at 47. Love this outfit. It is so you and so cute! What amazing shoes and is it just me or is your hair darker?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness you and your boob are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww, you sacrificed a lot for willa :) the cut might be mad, but those shoes are ah-may-zing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes! I'm glad you're okay. Cute top and I love the flyaway open slits in back. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this sounds so painful! Like you, I'd do whatever it took not to knock my teeth out. So glad you are okay (although somewhat battered). Fab, fab shoes--amazing! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh geez! Well, I'm glad your teeth were saved and the dog didn't run away :D Sounds painful! This top is darling and those wedges make your legs look a mile long!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great trip. I so love the Love sign

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun wedges! I love the aztec shirt too.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang cute top, Megan! So sorry you had that nasty fall via the dog walking/running. There are times like that that you just wish you hadn't even begun, huh? ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete