Tuesday, June 17, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): city solve




tank, jeans ~ Marshalls
shoes ~ Target
earrings ~ Forever 21
sunglasses ~ thrifted, Goodwill
There is this pretty cool race every year that Chris and I have done for the past three years. The first year on our own, the next with Nora and our sister Kristin, and this year with Nora and her husband, Jim. It's a ton of fun...sort of a scavenger hunt around Minneapolis with clues and activities and beers. Sometimes people dress up, and there is even a costume contest.
This year we decided to dress up like the characters from Three Men and a Baby. The obvious choice for the baby was Chris (he's bald), but he refused to wear an adult-sized diaper, so Nora dolled herself up like the cutest little baby there ever was and showed up for the race.
Of course that left me as one of the three men. No problems...except I was the ugliest man you ever would want to know. I wore my dad's Hawaiian shirt and some Columbia khaki hiking shorts and even gave myself bushy eyebrows and sideburns.
However, I was nothing compared to Chris. He looked like a man you wouldn't want within two feet of your daughters...creepy and pervy and all Magnum PI mustachey. (click here for a small peek.)
So we had some beers and ran the race, at least until the torrential wind and rainstorm came through, and we decided to call it quits and head back to the bar for a final beer and some nachos....But of course I couldn't (or rather didn't want to) hang out at a bar dressed like Ted Danson of the 80s. And Chris didn't want to get arrested for wearing such indecent short shorts. So of course we both used that excuse to run to Marshalls and buy new clothes. I can pretty much make up any excuse to buy new clothes.
This is the outfit I bought, and I kind of love it. Of course I still had bushy eyebrows and sideburns, and Chris still had his creeper 'stache, but a wardrobe change (and a beer) made a world of difference!
xo,
megan bird

23 comments:

  1. How can you paint that amazing image in our minds and not provide photos? Need to see Tom Selleck Megan now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful outfit. Marshalls is a great place to shop. And isn't it fun to play with identity? Your Instagram photo is cute. And Chris's is truly creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so you guys changed but did poor Nora have to head to the bar still in her adult sized diaper?! :) I did a really similar event with some friends a few years ago and loved it! By the time we were done I felt like we had put some serious mileage in and we were exhausted, but it was a really fun way to see a lot of different neighborhoods in Columbus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! That sounds like a blast : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your top. Sounds like you had a great time at the race minus the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun and a great idea! love your pretty pink blouse , and I wish the weather held. Pink and black si a fav! Thanks for sharing, I did get some chuckles out of this !
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that race sounds like so much fun! I really want to see your full look!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Juicy Couture Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tank is beyond adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, that sounds like a ton of fun - I love that you ran out to buy new clothes though in the middle of the whole thing! Very cute tank top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I used to love that movie! I saw it was recently added to Netflix and I'm so excited! Did you get a group pic? And that race sounds like so much fun! Love your tank!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny. And there is always an excuse for shopping, isn't there? :)

    I did wonder what was going on when I saw your IG feed this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that too on you, fabulous. My friends did Hangover with the baby strapped on front and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh gosh, i need more details about this race - it sounds like something i'd love to do :) know what else i love? that top- pink and tribal look so good together :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shirt is amazing! I love it so much:) And sounds like a fun experience-especially the rainfall!
    I also wanted to mention that this week is Prom Week on my blog! If you are interested, please feel free to send in pictures of you from your own prom or if you didn't have one, a picture of you in a beautiful gown you wore in the past. (Directions are at the bottom of my latest post.) If you do, your picture will be featured on my Friday's post! I would love to see you on my blog so please do consider:) Thank you and I hope you have a fabulous day.
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that's a good excuse- I like it! The race sounds great fun! I really like the outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the best stories and are so lucky to have so much fun with friends and family. I hope you post pictures of the final costumes. I love events like that. That is a great pink and is a great color on you,

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun top - I am digging the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What race was this? Sounds like it was a blast, despite the weather :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all, such a cute outfit and photos. Secondly, this is the best-sounding freaking race I've ever heard of. When I was first reading, you mentioned a race, and I thought to myself "ew...a race does NOT sound like fun". (Yeah, I'm not a runner.) But then you mentioned the race involved scavenger hunting and drinking beers...now THAT is my kind of race!

    ReplyDelete