Wednesday, June 18, 2014

bird seed: raspberry mango crisp


I am just going to go ahead and start by saying that this crisp was so good! I love a delicious crisp for dessert during the summer months. It was really hard for me to not eat the whole pan. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but..."TOOT!" SO yummy.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of mangoes (about 2-3 large mangoes), diced
1 1/2 cups raspberries (about 1 pint)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats (not quick cook or instant)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt
French vanilla ice cream

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 QT baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine the mangoes, raspberries, granulated sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl and mix until the cornstarch and sugar are no longer visible. Set the bowl aside.
3. In another bowl, add the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture and mix (I used my hands) until there are small, pebble-sized clumps. Set bowl aside.
4. Pour fruit mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit evenly.
6. Place the dish onto a baking sheet (in case of overflow!) and place in the oven for about 45 minutes. Check in around 30 minutes and see how it's looking. The crisp should be bubbly around the edges and the topping should be lightly browned.
7. Cool or serve warm, topped with a heaping scoop of French vanilla ice cream!
8. Enjoy!


These two loved it!



It doesn't hurt that mangoes and raspberries are their two favorite fruits. 

Do you have a favorite crisp recipe?

xoxo, nora bird

17 comments:

  1. yummy! i love a good crisp! i'm partial to apples and blueberries

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I love that this is healthy for you too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! My mouth was watering just looking at the pictures. I definitely have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this looks so delicious! Love mangoes in the summer!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Juicy Couture Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. I love apple crisp - I bet that this would be a great summer alternative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to put mangoes in a crisp - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you just ask Eva for me if I could have her dress please? Thanks very much!
    This looks a delicious idea although I am a bit of a purist when it comes to fruit and prefer just to eat it raw!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peach crisp has been my favourite, until now... methinks this may quickly replace it, AND I have all the ingredients.
    YUM

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks soooo good!!!! I need to try this.

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks delicious! I love a fruit crisp. Thanks for sharing this one! I have to find myself some gluten free oats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I love any type of fruit crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this looks so yummy--especially with lots of ice cream on top! What sweet pics of the little ones! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh looks so yummy. I love crisp too esp with vanilla ice cream melting a bit. I am hungry now. The kids are so adorable.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh totally YUM! Crisps are my go-to me-made dessert. Oftentimes I'll do apple, or strawberry/rhubarb, or apple rhubarb, or bumbleberry. I've never tried mango with raspberries, but it's on my try list now! My recipe is similar, sometimes I add some chopped pecans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My younger son (20) absolutely loves Mango's. He probably eats 2-3 a day.
    Handing this recipe off to him for sure
    Brett

    ReplyDelete