Tuesday, May 6, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): dressing fearlessly





 tank ~ Marshalls
skirt ~ b. (a resale shop)
necklace ~ Forever 21
watch ~ Charming Charlie's
shoes ~ thrifted
belt ~ Target

My daughter, Eva, has amazing fashion sense. She puts together outfits that don't match, that
no one would ever think of, and she always looks adorable. Part of it is that she's 7, part of it is that she's already adorable, and a huge part of it is that she doesn't care. She will wear two different striped socks, or pink polka dots paired with purple flowers. I am hoping this lasts. Partly because I secretly hope she doesn't become one of those teens who needs to have the latest fad (I know she will, we all did), but mostly because I love how fearless and unique she is in her style.

Last week she wore this outfit to school that made me smile. She had a full twirly midi skirt with bright purple and fuchsia flowers, hot pink polka dot tights, and a light pink leopard print tunic with big ruffles on the bottom. Oh, she also had a huge yellow flower barrette and an orange shell necklace worn as a headpiece. Upon seeing her, my immediate reaction (without thinking) was to say, "what's going on with your outfit?" She gave me a quizzical look, and I immediately felt bad. So I pointed out a stain on her shirt and made like that was all I meant. No way do I want to be the one who makes her self conscious. No way do I want anyone to be the one...but for sure it won't be me. I will do all I can to nurture her creativity...I really hope she keeps it up!

xo,
megan bird

26 comments:

  1. She has a great, unique style! And I am seriously jealous of those fab tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters are the same - and I'm also hoping it never changes. I know I went through the phase where I had to have what everyone else did, but fingers crossed it won't happen to them (I can dream, right?). I love Eva's style. :) And yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you are looking hot in that crop top! I think it's wonderful that Eva is so fun and creative with her outfits. Love her printed rain boots! Maybe one day in the future she'll start her own blog. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie!! I agree, I hope the "trendy" stage doesn't last too long with my kids... I want them to be unique and one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's too cute - definitely creative!!

    Love the color combo in your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love your skirt and heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is adorable! my three year old niece is that same way - she puts together these quirky little outfits, almost always with rainboots, and it looks SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pics, plus I LOVE that skirts :)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit your daughter is wearing
    She is adorable
    I really like neon and stripes lately as well
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should all take fashion advice from little girls. They KNOW what looks good, they don't have body issues and they won't back down! You look amazing.

      Delete
  10. She looks super cool!!! I hope she keeps her creativity too!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks adorable! Who knows. Maybe she'll be a super in demand celebrity stylist or designer. My 7 year old isn't as fearless but she does put together some interesting outfits. And by the way, that skirt looks great. You should wear more pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey beauty love ur new post .Keep posting .
    Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to see what kids pick out when they're given the freedom to do so. Sometimes I copy their color combinations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You both look fantastic! I loved this post! I really wish that my parents had thought that way when I was little, I wasn't even allowed to pick out my own clothes until about 4th grade. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks awesome, as do you! I remember wearing some odd combos as a kid (well, it was the 80s after all) and not caring a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter looks adorable, and look at you in a crop top! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her outfit is fantastic! She looks great and she is wearing what makes her happy which shows in her face! It looks like some of that has rubbed off on her mum! Look at you, sexy thang! Or is that Marilyn Monroe?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely outfit. Trendy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your daughter is so beautiful! She's definitely got style--just like mama and aunt! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. one hot mama!! love your daughter's fashion sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Idk, I think she's got a knack for pattern mixing. If I owned anything patterned pink, I would probably pin her picture as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your daughter is so cute and I love your tank and you look great in it too

    ReplyDelete
  23. Megan your daughter is adorable and already a Fashionista, like Mom. =)

    Way to rock that cropped tank with the fitted pencil mini. For the first time in probably a decade I tried on a cropped top with a skirt (the current outfit on the blog). I quite liked it. It's little steps. =D

    ReplyDelete