Tuesday, April 15, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): weekend fun




dress~ Macy's
shoes~ b. (a resale shop)
necklaces~ Etsy and vintage
watch~ Michael Kors

I ended up throwing on a cropped, faux-leather jacket with this dress before I went out and it really pulled the whole look together. I am slightly annoyed that I took blog photos of this outfit without the jacket (don't you hate that?), but what are you gonna do? It's really not that big a deal. It's a cute dress on its own, but trust me when I say that it looked way cuter with the jacket. Do you trust me? Okay, cool. Thanks. Now that that's off my chest...

This past weekend was really fun and full of hanging out with friends. It's amazing what good times with great friends can do for a gal's spirits. It started on Friday when Megan and I attended a fun fashion event. We got to hang with a few awesome local bloggers, some that we had not met before, so that was really cool. And, afterward, we ended up sharing a glass of wine and a lot of laughs with some especially cool ladies. Saturday was a family day. The kids and I spent the morning at the zoo while Jim was working. That evening we went out for dinner and ice cream as a family. On Sunday, I met three of my oldest and best friends (we have all been friends for almost 30 years!) for brunch. It's rare that we can all get together at once, so it was a special treat to see all of their gorgeous faces at the same time! And that evening we had another couple of dear friends over for dinner and the Madmen premier! It was a great weekend and it felt really long, which I so love!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are now having a great week!

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had an amazing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times!!

    And I LOVE the dress and shoes (and the jacket even though I can't see it!!)

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress really is great on it's own, but I definitely believe you that the jacket was a great addition - I'm sure it was the perfect bit of edge to add to a really feminine print! :) Sounds like you had a really fun weekend too!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress on you! Sounds like a really fun weekend! I love when I have a ton of fun things planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! Sounds like a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so cute on you...I love the florals! Sounds like you made the most of your weekend and did a bunch of fun stuff :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress was cute in person and the jacket did look amazing. So glad to have shared some wine and laughs together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Your dress is so cute and I did see the picture on FB of you in the jacket and I think that it really pulled it together too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a totally fun weekend! I can imagine this cute dress with the jacket. I think it's cute on its own but would also look GREAT with the jacket! There's always next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gwah! What a cute dress! I saw the instagram of you guys, so I saw the jacket, it was cute! Sounds like such a fun weekend! I still need to watch Mad Men, I think that now that is almost over, I shall have to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is adorable.... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend!

    Love that dress. Looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! Nothing worse than taking pictures of an outfit you love and then you look at the pictures and it's not what you expected. I love this dress as is though. A very pretty floral print. It's hard to find a good floral print on a dress without looking too granny. You look like cool chick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking lovely in this great floral dress! I'm sure it was cute with the jacket, too. :) Glad your weekend was a fab one! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is so darn cute and the shoes totally set it off...we'll see the jacket next time I'm sure?
    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the dress is such a stunner, and it sounds like you had all kinds of fun places to wear it this weekend -- what a nice way to start the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That has happened to me quite a few times. Darn! I should have done this or that. :-) As you've stated the dress is pretty fab on its own and I believe you when you say the jacket made it extra fab.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh having fun with life-long friends is the best! Now ya got me wondering what the jacket would have been like (do it again with the jacket, k?). But, but, ...but my GOSH, those heels are marvelous!!!!!!!!!!! ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds fantastic! My bffs each live about 5 hours away. I miss them terribly!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete