Thursday, April 24, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): my girl




dress~ gift from little sister
boots~ vintage
necklace~ etsy, gift
watch~ Michael Kors
leggings~ Target

My daughter, Mimi, celebrated her fourth birthday on Monday. In honor of her, I will share with you a few of my favorite Mimi quotes and conversations from the last year. Enjoy!

Mimi, looking at the living room rug with disdain: Mom, when are we going to get rid of this tired old rug?
Me: What? We're not.
Mimi: Really? I really don't like this rug. I would like a nice, new one.
Me: You would, huh?
Mimi: Yeah...you think about that.
~
Me: Mimi, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Mimi: Ummmm...prrrrrrobablyyyyy...a diva!
~
Mimi: Mommy, my belly hurts!
Me: Oh no! What's wrong? Are you hungry?
Mimi: No, it's just a really silly reason.
Me: Oh, what's the reason?
Mimi: It's so silly. My appendix is just really hot.
~
Mimi: Mama, I hope someday I'm as good at sweeping as you!
~
Jim: listening to metal downstairs while getting ready for work.
Mimi: Wow. He did NOT pick a relaxing song today. He is really rocking out down there!
~
Mimi: So, first it's spring and then it's summer and then it's April and then it's winter and then it's Halloween and then it's CHRISTMAS!!! Right, mama?
Me: Pretty close...
~
Mimi: Thanks for giving me a cookie, Mom. I am SO proud of you!

And here she is, in the same dress, on her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthdays. She's getting to be such a big girl. I am so proud to be her mama.

This weekend we will celebrate with family and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ice cream cake! Fun times!

xoxo, nora bird

26 comments:

  1. adorable. kids say the darndest things! happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mimi; I want to be as smart and funny as you when I grow up!
    Nora, I love how you styled the dress, I would never have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... what a beauty!! Happy birthday to her! Love the sweeping quote... Ruby once said something like that and I thought it was so cute she was impressed with my cleaning skills!! Also, adore your outfit!! I may have to pin & try to pull off a similar look! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi is adorable! I love that she said she wanted to be a diva. Don't we all? :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leggings/boots look is so chic. And Mimi is a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... how adorable is she??!! So sweet.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet!! I just loved her quotes today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Mimi! She is such a doll and she cracks me up.

    And I have to say I love your new dress, I'm coveting a chambray dress, I just can't find one that isn't too short!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quotes, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is so cute! a diva? :) that's great! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! Kids do just say the most adorable things. She is cute as a button.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a running list of things my kids have said. It is so fun to go back and tell the kids what they said. So cute. This is one of my favorite casual but put together looks - some combo of denim and cognac. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Mimi! Kids always say the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! The things she says! Love her! I want to have a conversation with her, lol. Happy Birthday!

    Love your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL My appendix is really hot! Happy birthday Mimi! What a fun age! She is such a cutie just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha, that is absolutely hilarious!!!!!! Age said all that and is only 4????? Happy birthday to cyte and clever interior designer, music-critic Mini!! The double bird comment was funny!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so cute
    4 is so fun, wish I had a time machine for my boys
    Loving your look today as well
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, she's hilarious! The rug one... "Yeah... You think about that." Too. Funny! Happy Birthday to your girl!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your daughter is too cute! And so funny. And loves TMNT? Amazing.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heartwarming quotes and a beautiful little girl! Happiest of birthdays to her! I'm digging your fab ensemble, Nora--great spring look! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh the cuteness!! "He is really rocking out down there!" I laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hhahaha! Little girls are the funniest, just today I was hanging out with a few 6 yr old girls at work and I was just dying laughing at everything they said. Your outfit is INSANELY adorable. Which ever sister gave you that dress rocks. And Mimi's dress is so sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I received tons of compliments on this dress. I am looking forward to wearing it again. Although I had to get alterations done this dress is worth it.
    Kate Spade Baby Bag

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh those made me laugh! Thanks, she's such a cutie! You are WAY hotter in your chambray shirt dress than I, my friend! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable! Happy Birthday sweet little one!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete