Thursday, April 10, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): a bit of flare




shirt (cardigan? kimono?) and tank~ Marshalls
jeans and sandals~ b. (a resale shop)
necklace~ Heartbreaker
sunglasses~ Old Navy

I live in Minnesota and I love that we get to experience all the of seasons. Each year, sometime around February, I usually forget that I love experiencing Winter. But, for the most part, I really do enjoy all four seasons. But Spring! Spring is where it's at, am I right? It's so glorious with all its firsts. The first big snow melt. The first day above 40 degrees. The first day you can venture out without a jacket or winter boots. The first day that it's warm enough to open your car windows and turn the radio volume up full blast! Opening the windows at home for the first time since Fall and hearing the birds singing outside! Your first meal or drink on a patio! Spotting the first robin or tulip of the season! Seeing all of your neighbors out and about for the first time since Christmas. And, of course, wearing wide-legged jeans for the first time since last Summer. For me, Fall and Winter are all about skinny jeans and leggings tucked into boots. But come Spring, and out come the flares and wide legs and platform sandals! And, clearly, it has been far too long since I have worn these jeans because when I came downstairs wearing them, Mimi said to me, "Oh, no no no, Mama. Not those jeans. Those jeans are much much too big right here." And she pointed to my ankles and tried to hurry me back upstairs to change. But she had better get used to them because I am not putting them back. At least, not until October!

What is your favorite season?

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. I grew up in MN and it was beautiful, but I admit I would never move back to due to the harsh winters!! You look amazing though and I'm glad you're enjoying the seasons :) I'm a summer/spring girl myself.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Kids are honest. I love fall. That is the season I miss most. And I also love a good pair of wide leg jeans and platforms. I like the cropped top with the higher waist. I'm not brave enough to try this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like spring but summertime is my favorite! I cannot wait till it's warm enough to sit on the beach :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love spring. And summer. And fall. Hmm... I guess I'm a fan of all the seasons. With all their firsts. But I sure am glad to be experiencing spring right now - it's been too long! Loving those flares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely outfit! I am forever jealous of those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh too funny about Mimi! I love these jeans, they always look amazing on you! And I am so loving spring! I'm with you, I like to experience all four seasons - but spring is kind of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is fine, although it's still way too cold in the mornings for me. I like fall an awful lot, but it's all about summer for me. I love when it's super hot.
    Obviously I hate winter and can't wait for this never ending east coast deep freeze to be GONE!

    Cute outfit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Sounds like my daughter--the ever present fashion police. I love your jeans! I am a total spring lover. The only aspect of my name that I enjoy is that I was named after the first sign of spring. It is such a refreshing season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha and here I am in AK, dragging my wide leg hems through the snow and slush! :) I've already been warned there isn't a spring here like I'd typically expect - it's more like a brief, cold, muddy period between winter and spring. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable look!!! It was gorgeous in MN yesterday and today seems to be just as lovely. I still love fall best, but spring is a close second!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely a spring girl- I seriously LOVE this time of year when everything starts blooming + greening up. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is super cute. I love how you've got belled sleeves and belled bottoms. I want jeans like those but with a higher rise as I can't find any! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring is by far the best season of the year. I love it. Almost everything you wrote about finally happened today...I was beginning to believe it would never happen this year.

    The colours with your hair are gorgeous.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! You look great..yay for warmer weather!!

    You are a temptress with your hair as I am trying to grow mine out!! I love the cut and color! I can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, Little Mimi has it wrong this time! These are great.. I keep meaning to hem mine.. :(
    I love the tops too the drapey openness and color play of brights, perfect for spring; all of it.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! I adore flared jeans! We've enjoyed a taste of spring, too, this weekend. Sadly, snow is forecasted our way this week. Oh well... T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those jeans are perfection! Love flared jeans.

    I love that we get all seasons too! My favorite is def. Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL at Mimi's comment! I like the flare jeans on you and it looks great with the crop tee.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete