Friday, April 25, 2014

love*birds: 4.25.14

Things I am loving this week:
~ I started running again. It hasn't been super warm (or light) at 5 am, but I am running again and I'm so excited about that!
~ Skittles. I got some for Easter, and I have been eating them like they're going out of style.
~ Eva's school program was on Wednesday. She had a solo and rocked it out!
~ In an effort to stay up just a minute later, Henry will come find me to give me a hug. I don't care that he's trying to be manipulative, I get free hugs!
~ Our new niece or nephew will be here very, very soon!!!
And here are some other things we are loving!
megan bird
Stackable Bangles
I love how delicate these bangles are. I love the colors together, and the odd shapes give them a statement-making punch.
Vintage Sundress
I can't wait for the day (soon!) that I can just wear a plain sundress and sandals. It's been so long! This one would be the perfect one to start it off!
Travel Trailer Wall Art
Another thing I am extremely excited about is camping (scamping) this summer. I might need to buy this little piece to hang in our Scamp!
Linen Sun Hat
I guess I have summer on my mind. I want to Scamp on a beach with a fun sundress and this amazing hat! Seriously, isn't it amazing? I love the simple striped detail!
Unicorn Pillow Cover
"Where Happiness Comes From"...I love this! What a fun, kitschy pillow cover!
local*love
Pizza Biga
Because I've been hungry all week, I'm choosing a restaurant for local love this week. Pizza Biga is our neighborhood pizza joint. It's within walking distance, offers delicious wood-oven cooked pizzas, a fabulous beet salad, and is connected to a place that has delicious desserts. Go hungry and order more than one pizza...you won't be disappointed!
insta*love
follow along @meglets

I snapped this pic of the kids on Easter. They look so sweet together, Eva picked out that dress herself, and Henry was actually excited to wear that hat!

nora bird
vintage black and white shorts

These vintage shorts are so fun and look super comfy! I can see them easily dressed up or worn casually all summer long!

wooden clogs

I really want a pair of cute wooden clogs this summer. These handmade ones are perfect!

vintage plaid mini dress

This is such a cute, fun everyday summer sundress. I love the preppy plaid.

gold beaded necklace

These beaded necklaces are so simple but so pretty! They would be the perfect pop to any outfit!

ursula bag

I love an oversized carryall. This one is sort of rugged but still chic. And it looks like it's big enough to carry everything I need!

local*love
MOTTO

MOTTO is a well curated lifestyle boutique in the heart of Uptown. It features home furnishings, decorative accessories, gift items, men and women's apparel, jewelry, scarves, and apothecary. They also offer interior design services and personal styling! It is a gorgeous store with some great, unexpected finds!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

Yesterday morning, I kept trying to run upstairs to change for the gym. Every time I made a move, Ben would run up to me, jump in my lap, and give me the tightest, longest hug. Needless to say, we were late for the gym. And that was just fine with me!

What are you loving today?

xoxo, two birds

18 comments:

  1. I'm loving the pics of the kids (they're growing so quickly!) and those amazing stackable bangles! Also loving that I found a source for datil pepper seeds, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for running again. I learn this week that it is best for me to run in the morning. Since its been in the 70's in the afternoon. I loving the fact that my hubby and me have no plans for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vintage sundress is so cute! I also can't wait to wear sandals. Hasn't been warm enough here just yet for them. And that pizza looks delicious!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these! They all are so pretty! and that pizza looks AH-mazing!

    iPad Air Giveaway

    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited find out if you guys have a new niece or nephew! I love the sundresses you both picked out! And Ben is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of the hug stories! I am such a sucker for hugs, too! And those bracelets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMM pizza! I love wood-fired brick oven pizza. The crust is perfect every time!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM pizza! I want some! I am loving that vintage sundress and those clogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... so now I WANT that bracelet. I've been stocking these Alex and Ani ones... but I'm not letting myself get started in that. Such a cute sweet floral dress... and that pizza! I guess we'll have pizza tonight. It sounds like you had a pretty fabulous week! xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I actually want most of your lists!! The stacking bracelets are gorgeous!!! I'd love that hat too!! The beads are super pretty too!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. i could eat pizza and salad every day and never tire of it. YAY to your running!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks. Thanks for including my Ursula Bag in your post! What sweet boys you have.... enjoy those hugs! :)

    -Rachel
    Marge & Rudy Handmade

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the best posts ever the children n look so cute and I adore the bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those vintage chic shorts are so lovely! And I want that pizza!! Hello kiddos!

    Jo
    www.Styleat30.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. skittles sound like a perfect way to fuel a morning run :) and motto? such a cute shop.. it's only a couple blocks from my house. i'm going to have to try out this pizza biga :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that y'all are both getting hugs from your babies! and y'all have the best taste in jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those bangles are gorgeous. I am looking for something unique for my mom for Mother's Day and these are perfect. And I love how you always include stories and pictures of your sweet kids. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love how Ben is such a huggy big boy. He is so dang CUTE!!! (and then your sweet smile next to him can't hurt either, Nora!) I love that flappy linen hat, too Megan!

    [[OH FEELS SO GOOD TO BE BACK]]

    ReplyDelete