Friday, April 11, 2014

love*birds: 4.11.14

Things I am loving this week:
~ Our baby sister is having a baby in a few weeks. I can't believe it...I guess this means I have to start thinking of her as an adult now.
~ Chris and I are preparing for a crossfit couple's challenge next week. We buy this package every year at the kids' school fundraiser, and we have a blast every time.
~ I am almost done with T25. Seriously, I am so sick of it.
~ That means I can start running every morning again.
~ And THAT means that spring is finally here!!!

Here are some other things we love this week.

megan bird
aquamarine leaf rings
I am in love with the simple and elegant look of these stacking rings. They are delicate and make a statement all at once.

home is where your mom is print
This is so true, right? I personally think so, and I hope my kids will continue to think so, too, as they grow older. (And this would make a great Mother's Day gift!)

zip tote ~ triangle
How cute is this? It would even make a cute diaper bag for my sister! For me, I would just fill it with lipstick, change and random pieces of gum....just like any other fabulous purse!

vintage maxi dress
I need a reason to wear this dress. Is grocery shopping a good enough reason? No one would look at me funny, right? But really, how gorgeous is this? I love the color and the silhouette is universally flattering!

coordinate bracelets
What a cool idea! These are called sister bracelets, which makes me smile because my sisters and I are always buying same items, and we call them sister (whatever). We have sister necklaces, sweatshirts, and rings, but we don't have sister bracelets. I might need to change that!

local*love
A Little Bird on Grand
This store is a little hidden gem in South Minneapolis. Nora and I have met the owner, Jodi, and she is truly amazing. She has an eye for fashion and decor, and her shop is full of fabulousness. If you ever need a gift of any kind, Mother's Day, wedding, or a little something for yourself, this is the store to go to!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

This picture is about 7 years old, and I love it so much. The other day, I carried Eva in my arms because she let me, and then I saw this picture and almost couldn't remember her being this small.

nora bird
vintage embroidered blouse

I have been searching for an embroidered, boho style blouse, just like this! Lots of stores are selling similar styles right now, but none of them feel quite right. I love that this one is vintage and I adore the bright, beautiful colors.

dual birthstone ring

Someone (me) may have sent my husband a (not so) subtle email with a link to this ring and a reminder that Mother's Day is right around the corner! I would love to own a ring with both of my kids' birthstones! How sweet! And so pretty!

barefoot sandals

These sandals are so simple yet so gorgeous. They would look so great with almost everything! Simply the perfect everyday sandal.

vintage bucket bag

I love a simple, classic bag. This vintage bucket style is super functional and so cute!

hanging planter

In one of the corners of my living room, there is a hook with nothing hanging on it. Lonely little hook. Every time I am at the thrift store, I search for the perfect hanging planter. I have yet to thrift one, but this handmade, mid-century style planter is calling my name! I would look perfect in my little corner!

local*love

Ethnique Nouveau is a vegan store located just across the street from A Little Bird on Grand. 100% of their profits go toward local animal advocacy programs. They sell purses, home goods, books for adults and children, cookbooks, health and body care products for people of all ages, greeting cards, children's games, scarves, jewelry, companion animal treats, clothing for adults and kids, and a variety of vegan foods and treats. It is the perfect place to find animal friendly fashion, gifts, and snacks! Every time I am there, I stock up on vegan marshmallows! Yum!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

I snapped this photo of the kids right when they woke up yesterday morning. I love the morning light shining on their faces. And, of course, their bed heads. So sweet, those two.

What are you loving today?

xoxo, two birds

20 comments:

  1. Great blog! Come by my blog for a chance to win a great whitening kit by participating in my giveaway!
    http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maxi dress is so gorgeous! Megan, you totally should buy it! I can already picture you in it :) Have a great weekend ladies!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. That last photo just melts my heart : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I just went done your list saying, "I love that!", "I LOVE that!", "I love THAT!"

    Happy Friday!!
    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora, that's a great picture of the kids! Megan, I love that triangle tote!
    Happy weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to try T25! that sounds fun to do a challenge together. I wish my husband would want to do that! and i love that triangle tote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gosh you two, i used to scroll through your 'what i'm loving posts' and try to pick my favorite to comment about, but i'm giving up - i like so many of your picks - the embroidered blouse and the coordinate bracelets and the zip tote... and that mom print is so sweet for mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are good!!!! Your things I am loving this week post always tells a beautiful story. Not sure how you do it, or if it's intentional, but you draw me in completely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to give t25 a try, Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Shaun (Shawn?) T, I loved Insanity, but workout videos are not fun when it is nice out! Hurray for running weather :)

    I am loving all of the picks today! I think I need to visit your town, I love all of the "local love" things you two are posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those leaf rings are TOO good! Have a great weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first bag you showed, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I love that boho blouse-so pretty! I used to own a white version of it but gave it to my Indonesian friend who admired it! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today, I am loving those shots of babies, even if they are 7 years old, and those two adorables, I can almost see nothing else ( Okay I LOVE babies and children) .Love too, but not as much as the children, the aqua bands, the boho blouse and that great sign!
    Lovely post!!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Items, love your blog. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks this week. I love the vintage bucket bag and the last sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW soo AMAZING :) you have such good taste

    Check out my new post....How to decorate your home with cute fabrics :)

    I wish you a great week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Mother's ring and the stacking rings. I should send something to my Husband....
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete