Thursday, March 13, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): mama got a new pair of shoes




jacket~ hand-me-down from my little sister
shirt~ Marshalls
jeans~ thrifted
shoes~ The Closet Trading Co. (Santa Barbara)
hat~ H&M
necklace~ gift

hey, all! how are you? i missed you all while i was gone! jim, the kids, and i had a great time on our trip. lots of fun in the sun with friends and relaxation was just what we needed. now we are back and trying to readjust to our daily schedules and get back on minnesota time. this has been much easier for jim and i than for the kids. they are still having trouble going to bed on time in the evenings and are sleeping quite late in the mornings. hopefully, by week's end, we will be back on track! anyway, i will do a full post one of these days about our trip. i took a ton of photos that i would love to share if you would like to see them! for now, i will just show off my crazy new shoes that i bought at a resale shop in santa barbara. what do you think? pretty cool, right? when i saw them, i immediately fell in love. and when i realized they were my size, i knew that they would be coming home with me (along with a few other items that will make their way onto the blog soon!) and since i had absolutely no room in my luggage for such things, my husband was kind enough to lug everything back in his suitcase! what a guy!
if you ever find yourself in santa barbara, be sure to check out The Closet! it was a really stunning shop with some pretty amazing wares, great prices, and a super friendly staff. if i lived nearby, it would be trouble. i would likely be there every day!

xoxo, nora bird

24 comments:

  1. glad you had a good vacation. That was nice of your husband to take extra items back with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what fun boots! Glad you had a good vacation, and glad to see you safely back home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those shoes. Great find. And I love the touch of bright pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot damn girl, these shoes are hot and you really pulled it together after having been away!! I thrifted the entire time in California. Rob dropped me off and went for a coffee to give me time to shop. I hauled tons of great deals in my suitcase. I could live and work there. Great outfit!! I just wish the flight was shorter because flying gives me anxiety...mostly on the way back. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boots!! So cute! Happy you had such a lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Things you can wear are always my favorite kind of souvenirs :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's probably a good thing I don't live near there either. I'm in enough trouble with the shops just down the road from me. I don't need any other great ones close by. :) Loving your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME shoes. They're amazing! I'm glad you had a fun trip and I hope the kids are back on schedule soon! At least you came back to semi-decent weather now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots and the pink jacket are totally awesome. It's fun to go away but I always love coming home again. And even better coming home with great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've shopped there! I LOVED it. Loads of great high end pieces. I adore Santa Barbara.

    Those shoes are insane!!!

    Glad you had fun.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming back from vacation is always difficult. But your kids will get used to it and they will have amazing memories from the experience. Not to mention, you have new shoes! It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully they will adjust soon enough! I looooove this look! And score with those shoes! Ugh, I need the ice to melt around here so that I can wear heels again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha I love that you took over your husband's suitcase, i'd do the exact same thing! also, those shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHoa, they are huge!!!!! Looking cute as always!!! What a sweet coat!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umm, those shoes are awesome. You made the right decision in getting them. I love the pink jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully I will go there someday! The Husband hates to fly so we always take vacays to drivable spots.
    Those shoes are insane! I'd like to see them with a dress.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad the trip was loads of fun! I usually shop on my vacations. :-) Nice shoes.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute jacket! (And the shoes are awesome, too.)
    Found your blog via Apartment Wife! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nora those booties are so cool. That's wonderful that you picked them up. Your jacket is lovely too. You look wonderful.

    xoxo Ra

    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shoes! welcome back and props to your husband to helping you to get these beauties home. LOVE this outfit, the layering, and the fun colors!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back Nora. Looking great. Love your funky new boots and that cropped hot pink coat. Pinned!

    I am glad you enjoyed your vacay!

    ReplyDelete