Friday, March 28, 2014

love*birds: 3.28.14

Things I am loving this week:
~ Mimi had her first ballet recital last night and it was about the sweetest thing I ever did see.
~ Mimi has been reading to Ben lately and it is so darn cute. They cuddle up on our fluffy bean bag and she "reads" him all the books she has memorized.
~ It is supposed to be 60 degrees on Sunday! 60 degrees!!!
~ Girl's night out! There is one happening this weekend and I am super pumped!
~ We are starting a new feature today called local*love. We will be sharing some of our favorite local shops and haunts! I hope you enjoy! (Don't fret! We will still be sharing some great blogs in blog*love, too. We will likely alternate between the two features each week. Still working out the deets!)

And here are a few other things we are loving...

nora bird

I am in love with this flowy, silk dress. The shades of pink are so bright and fun and I love the colorblocking pattern. This is a perfect spring/summer dress!


Once all the snow melts and the flowers start blooming, my kids are sure to pick me tons of wildflowers and buds. What better way to display them than in the coolest little bud vases ever? Wheel thrown, hand-drawn, hand-painted, and locally (or at least pretty darn close) made in Wisconsin! I absolutely adore these!


Seriously, how gorgeous are these sandals? I am completely coveting them. The grey and yellow work perfectly together. I love love love these.


I would love to hang this print in Mimi's room! It is so colorful and fun. And so true!


This is such a simple, sweet dress. and it could so easily be dressed up for a night out or worn casually during the day! I love it's versatile style and, of course, the gorgeous mint color.

local*love

This is for sure one of my favorite local shops in the Twin Cities. Any time I am looking for a fun and unique gift, this is where I go. They have gorgeous jewelry, art, toys, housewares, accessories...you name it! And it's all locally or independently made by amazing artists. The floor is made of astro turf, there is a swing in the store, and a play area for kids. And I am proud to call the owners my friends! If you are from the Twin Cities, or are ever in town, i like you is a must see.

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

I haven't been on Instagram all week, but here is one from last week when I was dreaming of Spring and all the light, airy clothes I'll be soon wearing!

megan bird
green and white jumpsuit
 I am a huge fan of jumpsuits, and this one is no exception. I love the green and white top and the all around amazingness that makes this whole outfit.

Vintage Famalore Sandals
These sandals look both comfy and cute. I love the vintage cognac color, and the slight heel gives you a little boost while still being extra comfy!

Punch Today in the Face print
I want to wake up every day and say this to myself. In a good way of course...I mean, I don't want to hurt the day, just give it a swift punch to say good morning!

Arrow Cuff Bracelet
If for some odd reason, this particular bracelet doesn't toot your horn, click on the link above because there are so many amazing cuffs in the store. This happens to be one of my faves, but I could have picked so many!

Beaded Wolf Earrings
I can't even begin to describe how amazing these earrings are. I mean, look! Enough said.

local*love
b. (a resale shop)
We can't do local*love without talking about one of our favorite Minneapolis joints. This store is amazing, half my wardrobe is probably from here! They are affordable, super in to treating the world (and the people in it) right, and as a super added bonus, they have an amazing eye for fashion...I almost never leave the store without buying something. If you're local, check it out. If you're not, they have a great online presense, too, so no need to worry!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

If only my nails could look this cute every day. While these literally only lasted a few hours before they started peeling and chipping, I loved my cute little bow tie nails while they lasted!

What are you loving today?
xoxo,
two birds

16 comments:

  1. i'm swooning over that mint dress. and i can only imagine how cute that recitalw as!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those handmade shoes - gorgeous! And I love I like You. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both have mint dresses on the brain today :) Happy Friday!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan your nails are super cute. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all those pretty flowy springy pieces!! We are having the glorious Spring weather and I just want to wear the soft flowy dresses instad of my businesswear...

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love b! I haven't been down there in ages, I really need to go one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that bud vase and that arrow cuff! Apparently all of the cool stores are by you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, I literally almost bought a mint dress like that today. I put it back in the end but it was lively!!I've noticed you mention B a lot so nice to hear more about it.inside tour next time???? X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hitting those local shops too. Oh those are some pretty stuff. Don't you just love it when our kids pick flowers and give it to mommy, i sure do love it !

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving those floaty tops and how cute are those nails!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl's nights are the best! I bet the ballet recital was totally adorable ;)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Friday feature you ladies do. I am all over that gorgeous Hot Pink+White Flowy Dress. Those Chiffon Camisoles are pretty too and I love that "Happy Girls are the Prettiest".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Really love the quotes "happy girls are the prettiest" thing :)


    Rosalina
    partiedemoii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those nails are so cute!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the first dress, and the green and white jumpsuit, the vase and great geometric mani! Plus, i REALLY want to shop in that store!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete