Thursday, February 13, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): thoughtful




shirt and jeans~ b. (a resale shop)
belt~ stolen from my mom
hat~ stolen from jim
necklace~ gift from Megan, Etsy
ring~ vintage
shoes~ Sam Edelman (yes, i realize you cannot see my shoes, but i was wearing a pair!)

if you know anything about megan, then you know she is a great gift giver. she always puts a lot of thought into the gifts she gives and they are always perfect! and if you follow me on instagram (and if you don't, you should!), then you might already know that megan and chris gave jim a scavenger hunt for his birthday, which we cashed in on last weekend. (really, the gift was for both jim and me, since i got to tag along.) and along with the scavenger hunt, they included babysitting so that we would have a fun date night out all by ourselves! it was such a thoughtful gift and it turned out to be such a fun night! the first clue led us to a neighborhood bar where we enjoyed a couple of beers, an appetizer, and one another's company. that clue also told us not to fill up since there would be more food later! the next clue took us to megan and chris's house where megan had cooked and laid out a delicious living room picnic! there were candles everywhere, wine was being chilled, and cheesy 80s love songs were playing on pandora. it was awesome. we ate and drank and talked and laughed. it was so nice to have a long, leisurely, uninterrupted dinner with my husband. no kids, no phones (okay, i took mine out once to take a photo for instagram!), no worries. and finally, the last clue gave us a choice: a night out on the town or a night in, hanging out with megan and chris at our house. since they are two of our favorite people, we, of course, chose the latter option. when we got to our house, the kids were in bed, the beer was in the fridge, and there was a fun new board game to be played (also part of the gift)! it ended up being an awesome night. more fun then i have had in a long time! thanks, megan and chris!

both megan and chris's birthdays are coming up very soon! jim and i had better start brainstorming the perfect gift!

xoxo, nora bird

29 comments:

  1. It's so obvious you love one another...and what's more, you Like one another. That is so awesome and I truly enjoy seeing it come through every blog post.
    Would you believe I had a very similar outfit in the '70's? It was one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sound like a great night. Also those jeans look amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love language is giving and receiving gifts, and the ones with the most thought that goes into them are my favorites. I love this idea!

    On another note - that orange belt MAKES that outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scavenger hunt sounds like it was awesome!! And I love those pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seriously sounds like the most fun night!

    I love this outfit so much - the pants look amazing on you and I can't get over that belt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah! That WAS such a great gift. :) Good thing I have been stock-piling gifts for your sister for a year. I am happy I've got that covered! Chris on the other hand...We need to go shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, you had better!

    You know what I love about this story? That you guys are such great pals and sibs. Not all are like that, ya know. Mine are nice but I doubt they would go to those lengths. Well, maybe. { ? }

    Thanks for the snaps about my heart ring. Your 'love bird' jewelry prompted me to search for a cool one. AND ...I am still swooning over my Maddens.


    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY YOU TWO! AND ALL OF YOUR FAMILY'S TOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a great night, cheesy 80s music is the best! Love you belt and those jeans are fabulous!
    Amia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a thoughtful and amazing gift! (Reminds me of that episode of Parks and Rec where Leslie does a scavenger hunt for Ben--one of the best episodes.) I love that idea! I wish I was that creative.

    I really love these flared jeans on you! And the belt and hat are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really bold outfit! Love it!

    Those jeans make you look tall!

    5ftandpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea for a present. Love the flared jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute outfit but i think the belt is my favorite- adds the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a cute look
    the wide legged jeans and red belt are perfect
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome gift! I wish that I lived closer to my sister when I hear things like this. I am really into wide leg pants lately. These look so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is such a lovely idea and I'm totally going to steal it! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How utterly gorgeous!!! Bless her, what a thoughtful gift!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing in those wide leg jeans!! I'm thinking I need to get a pair!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking lovely! I adore this outfit! What a wonderful gift that was--very thoughtful indeed! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Legs for days!! :) You look great in these jeans Nora!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the belt...well all the stolen goods! You and Megan know how to out-do each other! What a beautiful picture of sisterhood/family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The flared jeans are so awesome. I love them. You have such a great bod! The red belt just ties it all into place...between you and your sister... You're about the coolest family on the internet. And you just ridiculously love and appreciate each other! So lovely. I only like one of my sisters (I do love them both just only like one.)
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What are incredibly thoughtful gift! That's fabulous - I'm glad you guys had a good time! And this outfit! Shut. Up. Love it!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a really thoughtful thing to do, it sounded like so much fun!
    Those jeans are so good, you have inspired me to get away from skinnies for a while.

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  24. The scavenger hunt sounds like it was so much fun! That really is a thoughtful and wonderful gift!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds like such an amazing present!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG that is the cutest and most thoughtful present! While I love going out, staying home and enjoying their company sounds like even more fun. Glad you had such an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a fun filled night! Awesome gift. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like the perfect romantic night! Love your outfit, great jeans, stripe tee and beanie. casual and fun, and flattering on you.
    Long and lean in the snow!!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete