Friday, February 21, 2014

bird.i.y: craft day!

technically, this isn't really a diy post. well, it is, but it isn't. meaning, i don't want to call it one because, while i did make something, it is not all that great. so, i am mostly focusing on a fun craft day i recently had with a few blog friends! erin hosted the crafting get together last weekend and it was lots of fun. megan, beth, and lori were also there and we each brought a little something to work on, but mostly we just chatted and laughed and held oliver (beth's baby) and pet ace (erin's dog) and had a fun little girl's day. i thought i would share a few iphone photos from the day, including my diy t-shirt. but you don't have to focus on that, okay???

erin and megan

beth and lori

erin, working hard on her project!

the beginnings of my tee.

cute, snugly ace, distracting me from my crafting.

who, me?



hey, look! i painted some words (a little off-center) on a shirt! hooray!

i wish i had gotten a picture of ollie. he is so darn cute! i love hanging out with these fun ladies. i hope we do it again soon!

xoxo, nora bird

18 comments:

  1. Cute! I want to see that project with the dog and nails someone else was making!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so nice that you ladies meet up so often :) The tee came out really cute! And I want to pet Ace, hehe.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!!! I need to connect with bloggers in my area so we can try that. I would love it!!

    Luv the tee!!

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to hang out with you guys! And I think your t-shirt turned out super cute, what are you talking about?? It looks great with your skirt! And darn it, we'll just have to get together again and then you can take all the pictures of Ollie you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea I am not sure my craft skills would be up to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! I wish that I lived closer to my girlfriends and sister. That shirt is so absolutely cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lurv to craft with my sisters! Wish they lived closer! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!! I've not painted a t shirt for years!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. you give me an idea for printing my own graphic shirt. thanks and looks like a fun day. I need a diy/crafting buddy !

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. crafting get together? sounds like my kinda good time. Love how the shirt turned out.

    PS and cute polka dot skirt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Ace has the sweetest face! I'm a poet and don't know it! LOL

    This looks like a fun and easy peasy diy that has some instant gratification to it! I need a girls' craft day in my life! What a treat to craft with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love the tee - the off center words make it even cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww how fun! Love that you got a chance to meet Oliver. :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the tee. i was just thinking how easy it would be to make my own because i can never find tees with words or sayings that i like and/or ones that aren't $80! cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your shirt is cute, it's like that J.Crew kiss tee but better because it's home made!
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete