Wednesday, February 12, 2014

love*birds: random acts of kindness

as many of you might know, it's random acts of kindness week. we were inspired to do a few small things to hopefully put a smile on some faces around town. so, in lieu of our regular love*birds post, we will be sharing our random acts of kindness.

megan bird
i started off with a very small one at work...the ol' dollar on the vending machine. it was a super easy way to make someone smile. 

when i got home, i got the kids involved. we wanted to do something for our neighbors because we really do have some great neighbors...so we packed up a few snacks...

printed out a few fun notes of thanks...

and made some cute little gift bags that we hand delivered to their doorsteps (to hopefully be found in the morning)...

nora bird
i decided to do something special for my neighbors, as well. we live in such an awesome neighborhood and everyone is always looking out for one another. i wanted to do a little something to say thanks! thanks for shoveling my walk, thanks for playing with my kids, thanks for watching my house when i'm out of town, thanks for telling me i left my garage open, thanks for being the best neighbors around!

so, i baked up some chocolate chip cookies...

and wrapped them up it pretty gift bags with handmade tags...

and left them at their front doors! i hope they all enjoyed their treats!

we also want to say a huge thank you to all of our readers who take the time on a daily basis to read our blog, make such nice comments, and commit your random acts of kindness to us just by being you. thanks...you are all like friends to us, even if we have never met. 

xoxo,
megan and nora

26 comments:

  1. Awe, these are all such sweet, kind ideas... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome ideas! I know a lot of my friends have paid for the drivethrough orders behind them this week. Now I'm feeling inspired to come up with something random and kind of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of you guys to do this! I'm sure the neighbors totally appreciated it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Oakleigh Rose Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I think I'm going to try it for Valentine's Day. I don't have one of my own so I'll try to make someone else feel special.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so awesome! This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are the best. I love this. The vending machine one is great.. mostly because I remember the last time I tried to use a vending machine, it ate my dollar and how upset I was that I didn't have another dollar to buy my candy, haha. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so wonderful!! I've been wanting to do little acts of kindness! This was just the reminder I needed!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these ideas! I too take over little gifts for my neighbours. I need to start doing it for more of them. The gesture is so lovely and makes my heart swell just thinking about it.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet ideas, and I want to be your neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh you guys are so sweet. I love the last neighbors front door. I'd give them a treat for their fab front door! lol

    You are definitely 'LOVE birds'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely!!! I have been meaning to make something for my neighbours and leave it on their doorstep for some time now, so thank you for the inspiration! And you've reminded me, I was going to buy some pebbles and paint them with acrylic paints and leave them in the playground for the children to find on Friday!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you two did this! So wonderful.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cool idea! Random acts of kindness really do make a difference. It feels good to make others feel good

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the vending machine money drop
    you two are super nice and know your neighbors enjoy you so much
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  15. great reminder...i need to do something like this with the kids. it's always crossed my mind to pay for the person behind me in a drive-thru or parking lot....

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute are you both??? I love this and am now feeling so inspired to pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i wanna be your neighbor. i offer the world's cutest dog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet!! Your neighbors have awesome neighbors =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to understand and do something like this! Such a great lesson and example for your kids, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so sweet- you both put such thought into the gifts - i'm sure you made your neighbors smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, the old vending machine love huh? Great! Well done girls spreading the love to your neighbors and co-workers! I am so glad that you provide a place for all of us here to share a bit in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you are both awesome! I wish I had neighbors as sweet as you two. ;) Thanks for the RAK inspiration... the week is not over yet and I plan on doing some RAKs of my own now.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, my heart is brimming with warm fuzzies (autocorrect is so angry at me for that word) because of this post! What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is awesome! I wish I had you two ladies for neighbors... I hate both of mine. It sounds harsh but one is 19 and parties every night till 2 or 3...I've got kids and work. The other has two of those mastiff dogs that look like bears and they want to eat me and mines lol.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete