Wednesday, February 26, 2014

love*birds: 2.26.14

things i am loving this week:
~ it's still my birthday week, and chris is making sure i am treated like a queen.
~ even though we don't do birthday presents, chris has bought me something for every day this week so far.
~ he claims they are from the kids, so they don't count as a gift from him.
~ so far i got a new phone and a new camera.
~ he is also making dinner and doing the dishes every night.
~ he also stayed up until 3am one night to finish the kitchen nook that i had envisioned in my head.
~ eva called me "the queen of moms" and said I was "like a rose".
~ henry told me i was his "bestest best friend ever, aka mama."
~ my family rocks.

and here are some other things we are loving this week.

megan bird
mid century club chairs
 we have similar chairs in our house that i adore, but the color of these chairs is so eye catching, i can't not want them!

1970s floral dress
i love a good 70s wrape dress. throw in a fun, yet understated floral print and a big red bow, and it's a definite winner.

floral wiggle midi dress
the shape of this dress is so classic, and the print is so unexpected. i love the contrast of the two, and think they work together beautifully to make a fabulous dress!

cotton rope plant hanger
a whole wall of little plants in fun pots and a simple cotton plant hanger sounds amazing, no?

geometric bracelet
i love the look of this bracelet. it's simple, yet complex. it would be perfect alone, or fabulous with a whole arm of bracelets.

blog*love
vodka infused lemonade
agi wrote this beautiful post, and is hosting a link up next week (march 4) to inspire everyone to show their real beauty. she wants people to post pictures of themselves without their hair and makeup done. to get us all inspired, she posted this gorgeous picture of herself. join in next week!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

sometimes when our kids aren't getting along, we make them hold hands, or hug, or something equally as cringeworthy to them. we made them walk to school like this last week after an argument. by the end, they were laughing and getting along!

nora bird

i am in love with this shirt. it is perfect for spring! i love the simple, gorgeous garden print.


such a pretty, delicate ring! i love that it's bronze. i hope dainty, geometric jewelry never goes out of style, because i am obsessed!


this print needs to be in my home! look at that gorgeous type! i love this.


i am loving brass jewelry lately. this understated crescent pendant is so pretty. and the stars make it extra special.


it needs to be warm and someone needs to throw a fancy party so i can wear this dress! it's classic and flowy and so beautiful!

blog*love

Christina looks so comfy and chic in this outfit. the glittery mustache sweatshirt is so much fun and so perfect paired with her boyfriend jeans. and how gorgeous is her hair?!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

i mentioned last week that we were re-finishing out hardwood floors. well, they are done and they look so pretty! yay!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

24 comments:

  1. The club chairs and the hardwoods are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the fact in a few day I will be in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Megan! Welcome to the fab forties club. :) Love all the jewelry that you showed in this post: geometric bracelet, bronze ring and the crescent pendant, they´re all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a fabulous birthday week! Enjoy your new phone and camera!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs... I would kill for! The floral midi dress... adorable! Christina's hair... amazing!!! If mine would just hurry up and grow I could style it like that.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the chairs just like everyone else! Perfect colors! What a sweet family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that floral dress! come on warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, your family really is treating you SO WELL! Yay for an awesome birthday week!

    Those chairs are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That floral midi dress is amazing. And I love the new hardwood floors!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hardwood floors look great!! There are so many amazing pieces in this blog post! I especially love the blue ballerina maxi dress!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kids are so sweet Megan! And what an amazing birthday week!

    Nora, your floors are awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That link up sounds super intriguing... I'm going to have to look into that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha, I love the turquoise mid century chairs! My ydd got some so similar about 2 months ago. wow. I know both of your 'blog loves' this week. Cool. I love all of the jewelry. I have the same taste in those things as you two cool birds!

    Have a great Wednesday and smile all the while. Is that a song? hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE those chairs, and the floor is beautiful! Birthday week?! I need to get on that! lol. Your husband is amazing, I cannot wait to see pics of your new kitchen nook!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chris is a sweetie! My husband bemoanedly told me yesterday, "I haven't got you anything for your birthday! What shouldl I do?!"
    The ballerina dress is so pretty! I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous chairs and what a wonderful birthday week!

    LOL, you reminded me of the 'kissing rug'. When the kidling was wee I had a funky red, lip-shaped, rug and when she and her cousins would argue I would make them stand there, nose to nose, until they 'kissed and made up' (the kissing part was optional!) and they invariably started cracking up before 5 minutes would pass.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your family is awesome! :-) The floral midi dress is really pretty. I love the colors.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like a fantastic birthday week! I love the blue of that flowy dress, Agi's eyes and the bracelet that reminds me of a fish skeleton. This week I am also loving carbs. It's a hormonal thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those chairs...I die
    Hope you keep having the best birthday week ever
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those chairs are so fabulous! I love all the fashion picks here too and YAY for wood floors!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday. Kick up those heels!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful week you are having! Cheers all around!
    Those chairs, dresses and jewelry is so gorgeous!! You guys always bring the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that crescent pendant! The chairs are gorgeous! I would love to see pics of the breakfast nook. It's my birth week too and we have also been "doing it up."
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I NEED THOSE CHAIRS!!! I LOVE THE COLOR!

    ReplyDelete