Wednesday, January 8, 2014

love*birds: 1.8.14

things i am loving this week:
~ we are over the worst of the cold wave (for now!) and are headed for a heat wave (highs in the mid 30s! ooh la la!) this weekend.
~ getting out of the house! we were getting a little stir crazy around here!
~ getting back to the gym. see above.
~ we signed mimi up for ballet and she starts tomorrow. so cute! i am so excited and so is she!
~ ben has been talking more and more and has started to learn and call people by name. it is so adorable to hear!

and here are a few other things we are loving...

nora bird

this dress is so gorgeous. i love the vintage-inspired shape and tie neckline. and the print is simple, but still makes a statement!


this ring is so playful and fun! i love it!


i am pretty sure ben needs these dungarees. so adorable!


these custom, hand-painted nesting owls are so beautiful. i would love to display these in my home!


apparently, i went with an animal theme today. but i could resist sharing this whimsical bird scarf! stay warm while looking fancy!

blog*love

i know...it might seem weird that i am featuring my own blog...but megan's diy last friday was pretty darn amazing! if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check it out!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

i bought myself a bright bouquet of flowers this week! i needed a reminder that it won't always be this cold and spring will be here soon someday!

megan bird
cabbage patch doll inspired hat
yes i am an adult. yes, this hat is for kids. but i am obsessed. i sent it to my mom and asked if she could make one for all of my sisters (and herself). i mean, it wouldn't be weird at all to see 6 grown women wearing these, right?

vintage dress
i never thought i needed (or wanted) a little white dress, but i guess i do....but only if it's this one. i want to feather my hair and go dancing in this dress! (i'm not quite sure what i'd do with my chest, but i can figure that all out later, right?)


chunky knit snood
yes please!

crochet wall pocket
maybe you know dawn, from tea stained lace. she has an amazing eye for vintage, and sells the best stuff in her shop. this is my favorite piece in her collection...someone should definitely buy it!

vintage sweater
i am extremely (extremely!) in love with this sweater. it makes me almost not had the polar vortex we've gotten into here.

blog*love
Cha Cha the Fashion Genius
charnele looks so chic in this outfit. i love the fun t-shirt, and she's paired it so well with that great hat, coat, and necklace. and let's face it, i'm super jealous that she has open-toed shoes on. either way, she looks fabulous!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

on new years eve, we opened our gratitude jar from the year and read all the things we were grateful for. it was super fun to hear what everyone wrote, and reminisce about all the good times we had in 2013. and now we're filling it back up for 2014!

what are you loving this week?
xoxo,
two birds

15 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you guys survived the cold! Today should be the last day for us, thank goodness.

    Haha, that would be absolutely awesome if your mom knitted those cabbage patch hats!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that first dress you featured! SO pretty! I am heading over to check out Cha Cha's blog now.. sounds like something I would like!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cat ring (such a cat lady I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving everything here! That DIY Meg posted was amazing, and I bookmarked it to try one day! I am loving those fox dungarees, you NEED to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is what I really call "hat hair"! LOL I will die when I see you wearing one of these.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plllllease buy your little one those overalls! Too cute! And I'll take that chunky vintage sweater right about now! We're not quite out of our "cold days" yet.

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that I got my Christmas gift from my MIL today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot deal with the cuteness of that cabbage patch kid hair hat. I love it!!

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird scarf is super!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that ring!

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these! Of course my favorite is the Cabbage Patch Doll Hair Hat!! Genius!!

    Have a great week ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to hear you all are warming up a bit
    love the snood and vintage sweater
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much to love, I just love Etsy!! Everything about it! I love that you promote everyone. thank you, I am so happy that you chose to represent my store...such high esteem coming from both birds. Thank you!!! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for featuring my blog this week! I can't get over the cabbage patch doll inspired hat. And I'm loving that oversized sweater. Nice and cozy!

    xo,
    Cha Cha
    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahahaha, I was never into the Cabbage Patch craze, so glad. But I am loving all of the other things; cat ring, all those knitted items, the white dresses, and the gorgeous orange lilies. wow.

    ReplyDelete