Tuesday, January 21, 2014

love*birds: 1.22.14

things i am loving this week:
~ ben has learned the word 'happy'. it is so sweet. he likes to take my face in his hands when i am holding him, smile, and say, "happy!!!" cue my heart melting.
~ jim and i took mimi to see her first play at the children's theatre last weekend. she loved it and i am so excited to take her and ben to so many more!
~ my vitamix. yes, i am loving my blender. i have been blending up healthy, delicious juices every morning for breakfast. they are so yummy and i feel great!
~ sleepytime tea. i think this one has been on my list before, but i really love this stuff. i have been having a cup every evening and i have been sleeping so well! (my mom, sisters, and i are not known for sleeping well, so this is a big deal!)
~ you guys! thank you so much for all of your book recommendations yesterday! i am excited to fill up my amazon cart!

and here are a few more things we are loving...

nora bird
triangles cardigan

i adore this cardigan. the colors, the pattern, the wooden buttons. i love it all!

farm fresh print

i love this print. it is so simple and so cute. i want this hanging in my kitchen!

crochet necklace

this necklace is so bold and bright and cool! such a great statement piece!

3D gold ring

this studded ring is so edgy and unique! i am crazy about it!

ribbon banner sweatshirt

this is such a fun, easy sweatshirt. i love the colorful ribbon! if it were mine, i would seriously wear this all weekend long.

blog*love
Respect the Shoes

Lisa's outfit, in this post, is so beautifully put together and so much fun! how cute is that puffin sweater???

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

i took this last night when jim got home from work. the kids (and i) are always so happy to see him! this photo is so precious. i love my boy's smile.

megan bird
personalized disc ring
i love how simple and beautiful this ring is. you could even layer them with your kids' initials, or yours and your husband's. the possibilities are endless!

horse sweatshirt
again, i love the simplicity of this fun sweatshirt. and i love the coziness, the kangaroo pockets, and the wide neckline. perfect for comfy weekends!

vinyl wall art heart stickers
i have been toying with the idea of wallpaper, and then the idea of stenciling. this seems way easier, way less permanent, and just as cute. i might need these! (also, i love this room!)

holly golightly mustard dress
what a beautiful dress. the color is timeless and the cut-out in the back makes it so interesting!

vintage knee-high boots
normally these are not boots i would be drawn to. but there is something about them that makes me love them, and want to own them. i love that they are like rugged work boots with a fashionable twist!

blog*love
The Tiniest Firecracker
ashley has a fabulous post here for so many reasons. 1. the name of the post, 2. that turban (and now i need one), and 3. the thought behind the post. go read it...it's great!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

my in-laws bought me a sweater for christmas that was too big. so i returned it for store credit and got to do a little guilt-free shopping on saturday. hello shiniest of shiny rings! i'm in love!

what are you loving today?
xoxo,
two birds

12 comments:

  1. Love your hot pink nails polish Megan. I'm loving the fact my house is all nice and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ring is so sweet. i'm not a good sleeper either, so i need to try out that tea. i used tea yesterday in a diy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colorful necklace and those vintage boots are so so pretty, lovely choice! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh if only those boots were a size 7!

    I love that heart room too.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute about Ben's new word! :-) I like the boots and triangles cardigan. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things I'm loving? Ben's beautiful smile and the ring right below it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww! I want that first sweater so bad! I love the instagram of Ben, such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thank you so much for including my little post! :D Hearing about your boy saying happy makes ME happy. Aren't kids the sweetest? Then they start school.... Haha!

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the hearts on the wall
    This is why I need a daughter!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do I start? Ok, cute baby smiles, knee high lace up boots, cute haircuts, rings, nails, sweaters...I need more time. These are all great, but I keep going back to the lace up boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas here. I love so many of them. I know Lisa but I'm excited to get to know Ashley. I love all the RINGS in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god! The ribbon banner sweatshirt! I think I can make this. And I love the neckline and on the horse sweatshirt too. You gals have such good and different (different-good :-)) taste.

    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

    ReplyDelete