Wednesday, January 15, 2014

love*birds: 1.15.14

things i am loving this week:
~ i went for a run outside. yes, i got a little crazy, but it's been so long since i've been able to run outside, that i loved every minute of it.
~ henry gets his cast off this week! while it was nice to have him so dependent on me for a while, he didn't love it quite as much as i did. so i'm happy for him that he will be free of his mama having to dress him.
~ bentonite clay. i love this stuff...it's my new coconut oil (if anyone has been reading for a long time, you know how cuckoo i am about coconut oil).
~ good neighbors. every 3rd friday, we have a flamingo party in our neighborhood. it's been fun to meet new people and hang out with the ones we already know.
and here are a few more things we are loving this week:
megan bird

Inline image 1
signature necklace
ever since i saw christine wearing one of these at her wedding, i have wanted one. i'm not sure whose signature i'd want, but i love the idea!

Inline image 2
cobalt sequin midi skirt
while i love this skirt and want to wear it every day, what really sold me was how it's styled. seriously, does it get any better than a cobalt sequin skirt and a bear muscle tee?

Inline image 3
wolf muscle tee

so then of course i had to try to find a bear muscle tee, and instead i found this amazing wolf number. love it! it too would look fabulous with a cobalt sequin skirt!

Inline image 4
vegan leather clutch
it's vegan leather, it has tassels and zippers, and i am in love with this purse. seriously in love.

Inline image 5
polka dot swing dress
i have had summer on my mind lately. i know it's nowhere near, but i can dream, right? and right now i'm dreaming about this polka dot number!

blog*love
Style Sense Moments
marija from Style Sense Moments has leyring down to a "t". i love the combo of the fauz fur, chambray and polka dots. and plus, those shoes....seriously, those shoes!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

while up north on vacation last week, there was some crazy weather going on where the trees all stayed white-tipped while we were there. being up north in minnesota, there are a ton of trees. i can't even describe how beautiful it was.
nora bird
pattern sweatshirt

i love me a slouchy sweatshirt. and the pattern on this one is so fun! i would wear this all the time.

hand-drawn mug

such a sweet mug! this would be the perfect valentine's day gift for my coffee loving hubby!

heart boot cuffs

i am pretty much wearing boots from september until april, so i love a cute pair of socks, leg warmers, or boot cuffs to dress up my boots! i adore the turquoise hearts on these boot cuffs!

floral clutch

this clutch makes me think of springtime, and that makes me happy! i love the bright, happy colors and the simple shape.

heart tattoo tee

how cute would mimi and ben look in these t-shirts? so adorable!

blog*love
Confessions of the Glitterati

i absolutely love ashley's sweater in this post. the cutout in the back is so surprising and cool! and i love that she styled it so simply. she look comfortable and chic!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

we watched megan's dog, desi, while she and her family were out of town last weekend. ben could not have been more excited. he loves dogs! he gave desi many a kiss over the weekend and i finally caught one on camera! so sweet!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

18 comments:

  1. So happy to hear Henry got his cast off his arm. I love the boot cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that necklace! that's just the sweetest idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Megan on our run outside! I try to run outside on Sundays, the weather has seemed to be good to me then... but I really miss just waking up before work and going for a jog when the sun comes out... soon enough! I also love that sequin skirt and how it is styled! I am jealous to anyone who can pull that off! Oh and that cut out sweater is so pretty!

    Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - it does not get better than a cobalt sequin skirt paired with a bear muscle tee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tasseled clutch! And the last photo of Ben with Desi is so sweet!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. That signature necklace is such a cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that skirt with the bear muscle tee. That is brilliant (no, I'm not British, but I love that word).

    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. gah! That photo of Ben and Desi makes me melt! I love it!!!!! :) Miss your mugs, mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great picks.. love the necklace and the clutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. The necklace is beautiful and very original and I love the wolf tee!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I love every single thing you each listed as your loves. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a cobalt sequin skirt, what could be better
    I also need the heart boot socks and the Your My Person mug
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad Henry is getting his cast off this week! Love that signature necklace too...it's such a great idea. I've had my eye on the necklace in the link below, but the one in this post is within my price range unlike the one I found!

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/240450067578938255/

    ReplyDelete
  14. that necklace is so cool! i've never seen one like that and I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool stuff...you can actually make that sweatshirt or a diy version with Pentel Fabric markers...saw the tut on A Beautiful Mess' blog...awesome stuff there.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the cast is coming off and you can run outside? sounds like a winning weekend :) tell me though- what is a flamingo party?? and how cute are those heart tattoo shirts? swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never got to thank you for featuring me in you fave post! Thank you so much, I'm honored!!! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete