Tuesday, November 5, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): how not to tell a joke




dress~ Target
shoes~ F21
clutch~ vintage, thrifted
earrings~ hand-me-downs from megan
(after i took these photos i ended up changing into some wedge booties instead of wearing these heels. i also changed out of that red bra and into a black one! oops!)

i'd like to share with you all an embarrassing moment i experienced last week. while driving to the gym, i heard an incredibly stupid joke on the radio. it was dumb, yes, but it made me laugh and when i got to the gym, i ran into my dad and decided to tell him the joke. he is normally a huge fan of really bad jokes and tells them often, so i thought he'd really enjoy this one. now, if you know or have ever met my dad, this story will probably be a lot funnier. but it is pretty darn hilarious even if you don't know him. so, without further ado, the following is what happened when i tried (yes, tried) telling my dad the joke...

"dad, what's the difference between a dirty, old greyhound bus depot and a lobster with 46 DD breasts?" 
"a lobster with what?" 
"errr...46 DD breasts." 
"DD what?"
 at this point, i was beginning to feel increasingly uncomfortable. why did i think this was a good idea? i don't need to be talking to my dad about breasts!!!
"um, 46 DD breasts. BREASTS!" 
at this point my dad was looking increasingly uncomfortable. he definitely didn't want to hear me talking about breasts!
"ahhh...i don't know." 
and then, of course, i completely botched the punchline. and to make matters worse, my dad didn't even laugh. or smile. or even grimace. he just stared at me (was that disappointment in his eyes?) and sort of nodded. and then i think i just slowly backed away. it was the worst.

for those that are curious, the answer is, "one is a crusty bus station and one is a busty crustacean."

ba doom boom, ching! horrible, right? i would suggest not telling that one to your dad.

xoxo, nora bird

28 comments:

  1. you look great. I couldn't tell a joke to save my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! I am horrible at retelling jokes so I feel your pain. Red bra and all, this dress is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha oh no!! i have embarrassing moments pretty much daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress. I'm huge fan and little black dresses of all kinds.

    If it makes you feel any better I'm the world's worst joke teller...

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I'd love it if you check out mine and tell me what you think!

    Snobpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, oh no! The joke is pretty funny though :)

    You look gorgeous in this dress! I love the little lace details!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahahah! oops on the Dad thing. My Dad would have loved it.

    Love your silver clutch.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad would have been the SAME WAY yours was, one big ball of uncomfortable.

    On a brighter note, you make that dress look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I don't know that I could have told that joke to my dad, that is too funny.

    I love the dress, even with the red bra showing! The lace detail is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL... I lurv that joke. It's just that bad. I might have to tell it to my dad.

    And that dress is gorgeous! I like the peek of your sassy red bra, you little minx!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Such a cute joke! My dad would actually tell waaaaaay more inappropriate jokes and it is just awful all around. Your dad sounds cute! Lovely dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha, I smiled at the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome dress! Total BAMF! Ha, I always end up wearing a bright purple bra with clothes. Oops.

    I LOVE bad jokes! I am %99 sure that my dad would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha...best story ever! And the joke made me chuckle too :) You look so pretty in that dress!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's hilarious. I just told it to our valet at work and he LOL'd.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a really funny joke (even though I don't get the American bus reference!). Oh dear, how embarassing! I remember playing Pictionnary at a party once and I had to draw something and I ended up drawing a penis to get it across and all my team (including male old friend) were really not impressed!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So funny I thought only I did things like that. The dress is so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an inspirational post! I enjoyed reading it :) I love your blog, too!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin? If you would, just follow me and leave a comment on my blog, so that I can follow you back :)

    Tina from the Style Sinners
    Twitter - @TinaStefanovic
    Instagram - @tina_stefanovic
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't tell jokes to save my life, I always end up messing something up.

    That dress is gorge on you! I love how it flows!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hahaha, it's pretty funny, tho! that would be me and my dad because he can't hear!!

    pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fabulous! That dress is so very chic on you. I've never been able to tell a joke without botching it up. I can relate to your story! Hugs & bliss, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy legs! i haven't seen any in so long! wild that i'm thinking that and it's only november.. but at least since september, right? anyway, gorgeous gorgeous dress, and those heels steal-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. SO funny! I'm picturing this scene in my head and I'm laughing so hard.

    That dress is so fabulous on you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha, that's kinda funny. but i can see why it'd be awkward with your dad :) i love that dress!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute dress! I love the sleeves especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are looking ab fab!!
    Love this outfit on you
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  28. if my gramps were still alive he would totally dig that joke! it was a funny story for me to read. nora, you in a little black dress, (whether red bra or black, wedge shoes or heels) = elegance.

    ReplyDelete