Tuesday, November 12, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): hair versus health




sweater, bracelets ~ vintage, thrifted
jeans ~ Ross
earrings ~ F21
shoes ~ thrifted

i got my hair cut last friday. it was just a trim, so there is no major difference, but what i love about getting my hair cut is that my stylist always curls my hair. if i'm lucky, that curl will last a good three days. she's that good, people.

my timing worked out that my cut was on friday, and nora and i got invited to a blogger's brunch on saturday...i was pretty excited that my hair was one less thing that i had to worry about on saturday morning.

but then on friday afternoon, my running buddy emailed and asked if i wanted to run with her on saturday morning, and sadly, my first thought was that i would ruin my hair if i did.

i thought i'd say no, but then i went home on friday night, had a few glasses of wine, a whole chipotle burrito, and two bite sized snickers peanut butter bars. i promptly emailed my friend and agreed to the run. thankfully.

and as you can see from the pictures above, my hair still looked pretty cute after wine, carbs, candy, sleepand a run. she really is that good!

xo,
megan bird

check out this post to see some of the fabulous bloggers we got to meet on saturday.

23 comments:

  1. i love getting my hair done. i will gladly sit there for 2 or 3 hours! i hate having to wash my hair after a blow out, so i use a satin pillow to stretch it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab hair and outfit (especially that sweet sweater!)! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute sweater. I gave you guys the Versatile Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone, sister! There have been many a workout where I opted out on account of good hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your hair looks so good after all that! LOVE love love that top :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! I just thought about that last night. Since I was having a good hair day I didn't want to go to Zumba because I knew it was going to be sweaty and gross after. Your hair looks great and your shirt is gorgeous with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair would not have held up after all of that! I'm impressed!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say your hair still looks pretty darn good! I love the sweater you have on too! I was sad to miss that blogger brunch, was too busy shuffling kitties around to the vet and back. Looks like it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great! Finding a great stylist is a must for sure! I wish my stylist could do my hair every morning. This top is super cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm intrigued! where do you get your hair done?? and i plan on being at the next blogger brunch - i'm excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colors on this top–and your hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I saw a report on the news or something on tv saying there were thousands getting married today! lol

    I love this ensemble on you and how you styled the whole thing with the scenery and all. I love when my hair is hardly messing the next morning, but with this new shorter one side it is usually a rats nest on that side EVERY MORNING! Thank goodness for FLAT IRONS. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. She really is that good!

    You look fabulous and now I'm craving a burrito! I know what I'm having for lunch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no way in a million years my hair would look like that after running. That stylist is a miracle worker!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just saying I hope that sweater ends up in a swap pile and that it fits me. Just saying. Your hair. My jealously is excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She IS good. Wow! The blogger brunch sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this top, it has some beautiful colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair looks fabulous! I just got my haircut last night and decided to get bangs again, so I'm wondering how your bangs still look that amazing after all that. :) Love that top by the way...those colors are gorgeous!!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed the brunch! Was taking a puppy to the vet. Your hair looks amazing, though! Lurv that top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes the hair looks good and so does the outfit. you just went running another day, didn't ya?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dang! I'm jealous. My curls never stay.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Megan, I clicked on the site and you look gorgeous in that photo with your bright smile. You need to clip that from the sight and use it for something...I don't know what but something. dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete