Wednesday, November 20, 2013

love*birds: 11.20.13

things i am loving this week:
~ my kids. they are especially sweet, funny, and endearing this week. and they are letting me hug them in public. i don't ask for much.
~ my daughter and her friend started a do-good club and are collecting money for the victims of the philippines. in two days, they have raised about $60. not too shabby for a couple of kids.
~ clean basements. yes, i did it. i finally cleaned my basement. now what to do with all the things i don't want?
~ running outside in november. i didn't think it would happen this year, but i have managed to sneak a few runs in in the mornings. it was 44 this morning...which in minnesota is warm, if you didn't know!
and here are a few other things we are loving:
megan bird
star necklace
i love this sweet and dainty necklace. it's so fun worn off to the side a little...the perfect accessory!
vintage cubby boxes
how cute are these? they would make the perfect storage solution in either of my kids' rooms...or anywhere for that matter!
vintage swing dress
 i am pining for summer again after seeing this dress!! 40 might be warm, but this dress is hot!!
lace little black dress
how fun is this? it's pretty and sassy and sexy all at the same time. i love it!
bike planter
again, i'm pining for summer. how cute is this? it's something i would never think of, but i love it so much. someone remind me in 6 8 months that i need this!
blog*love
The Parlor Girl
 barbie is perfect in this great fall outfit. i have been dreaming of a cozy sweater like this one, and add in her amazing bag and sunglasses and she is perfectly chic!

insta*love
follow along @ meglets

i mentioned that eva was collecting money for the red cross. this is the letter she wrote to her after school teacher asking permission. so sweet. ( i also love how she spelled philippines.)

nora bird
golden branch ring

i am so drawn to jewelry inspired by nature! this handmade branch ring is so unique and so cool!

blue shift dress

this dress is so simple, but so classic and chic. i absolutely love it! it would be the perfect holiday party dress!


not only is this bag gorgeous, but it is also durable, water-resistant and super functional! this might be my perfect bag!


i love the idea of an "ugly" christmas sweater t-shirt! so cute!

green beanie

i have yet to find that perfectly slouchy beanie. this one might be it! and it's even my favorite shade of green!

blog*love

shannon looks so chic in her super gorgeous coat and leopard scarf in this post. perfect for a day of exploring chicago!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

jim and i had a super fun double date night (with megan and chris) on saturday! a little early birthday celebration with dinner, drinks, and, of course, karaoke!


what are you loving today?

xoxo, two birds

17 comments:

  1. Great highlights - loving those dresses so much! I'm currently loving this fabulous orange I'm eating, Christmas music, a pair of Carlos Santana heels that are on their way to my house right now... the list goes on - happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you two little love birds!!

    I am so honored that you featured me on your blog! THANK YOU!!!!! I will definitely be back and reading more as you have another happy reader.

    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that the kids are raising money for the Philippines! And wow, it is warmer over by you than it is here...it was 35 this morning, brr!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Uncommon Goods Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your kids are always out helping others. Not to sounds cheesy, but in a world where the youngest generation is becoming more and more self focused, it's encouraging to hear about kids that care about others - good job on that parenting thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw how cute and awesome that they are raising money for such a good cause! Love that floral dress :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get over how lovely your hair looks.

    Kids have big hearts.

    I love that blue dress. So classic.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is awesome what your daughter is doing! Thank you so much for including me in this post!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. M - you should have an indoor garage sale. I will come and buy it all. Not even kidding. We could invite friends and friends of friends? You could clear out and make $? Maybe on a Sunday with mimosas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love that Eva and her friend are trying to raise money for the Philippines! Good for them!!

    And I seriously love that hobo bag, Nora, you might have to fight me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the star necklace and that beanie! Such awesome things this week, I love that "do-good" club, more kids need to be as sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbie's outfit is my favorite but both of those dresses are so lovely! It is hard to think of spring but it will be back around before you know it, planning ahead is good : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black dress with the sheer panels and how cute is that red "Christmas" shirt
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  13. your daughter started a 'do-good' club? how sweet is she? and hugs in public? you're pretty lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That branch ring is GORGEOUS!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great items you guys! I admit I always LOVE the IG pics the most.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for including my vintage wood boxes! Your blog is great, love the blue shift dress too!

    ReplyDelete