Monday, November 4, 2013

inspiration monday: chimchiminey

the inspiration
freida pinto
megan bird



tank, necklace ~ H&M
earrings ~ hand-me-down
sunglasses ~ swap
skirt ~ thrifted
kimono top, boots ~ garage sale

nora bird



 jacket ~ b. (a resale shop)
skirt ~ H&M
top ~F21
boots ~ gift from sisters
socks ~ Target

nora and i went to a halloween party on friday night. on our way home, we decided to stop at a local karaoke bar...you know, just to see what was happening. well, being the day after halloween, obviously no one was dressed up. in we walked, dressed as mary poppins and bert (you can see us here), and everyone was staring at us. not that i blame them...we were the only ones dressed up. a little embarrassed, we sat down at the bar and ordered some beers. we laughed at ourselves for about 20 minutes, and then i said to nora, "let's just own it and put in a song request."

so we headed to the karaoke station, each put a song in and waited our turn. i got called up (next up, mary poppins singing love is a battlefield) and sang my song in my goofy costume. nora was next, (ladies and gentlemen, bert singing time for me to fly) and we took a short break. 

in normal fashion, i sang another song, still feeling a little silly, but not caring too much. nora headed to the bathroom, and she was up next. well what do you know, she started singing and i looked at her...and there she was, soot washed off her face, hat and vest off...looking pretty close to normal. and there i sat, still mary poppins.

so i did what any normal person would do ~ ran to the bathroom, took my hat off, shook my hair out of the bun, threw on some lipstick and sang a little cher.

it was a successful night.

xoxo,
two birds

22 comments:

  1. Adorable outfits! I adore the sweet karaoke story, too! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did karaoke too Friday night and not a soul was dressed up. Most people here do the weekend before Halloween unless Halloween is on a Friday or Sat.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your Halloween outfits.

    Those pink boots! What can you say about pink fringed boots? They are just fabulous!

    I had some like this when I was in grade 10 except they were light blue. Don't make me say out loud just how many years ago that was.

    Sigh. This brings back memories.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I loved the Mary Poppins outfit. You ladies looked like you owned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I think it's so awesome that you rocked the costumes at the karaoke bar!

    Nora, I love that jacket...it reminds me of Coco Chanel!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could've been a fly on the wall - I bet you both rocked those costumes!

    Hot boots, both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the pictures - I love that you totally rocked karaoke in costume! If anyone could pull it off, it would be the two of you!

    I'm drooling over both of your fringed boots!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun!!

    Love your outfits, such a great style!

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Aw you two are great sports! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love fringe booties, they're so fun! megan, that jacket is amazing and nora I love your skirt. thanks for coming up with such a fun one!

    http://www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the colors in that second outfit!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the kimono top in the first outfit and the cute pink fringe boots in the second outfit! Costumes and karaoke should always go together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The costumes are super!!!!! I love your fringed boots. I'd definitely like a pair in either colour!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that you guys totally owned it! Good for you. And you both look beautiful in these outfits, love it!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, party poopers! Still a fun story though, and you can only end on a good note with Cher ;)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am over the moon about both of your boots
    Megan I am all about your outfit today simply because you went in the same direction as I did.
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of your outfits! The fringe boots are so fun!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. karaoke in halloween costumes? how awesome is that. also: huge crush on the kimono and the pink boots. happy monday you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great story! Went to to an abba tribute night with someone girlfriends once, we were all supposed to dress up but I was the only one. It was fine when we were in the venue but in the bar afterwards I stuck out like a sore thumb and there was nothing I could do about it!
    Love this inspiration, I must try and get back in the habit of joining in! I always enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. go ladies! i know you had fun. i feel like i was there cheering. i want both your boots. i think i need to go to a garage sale & find a kimono top & layered fringed boots. i wish,

    ReplyDelete