Monday, November 11, 2013

inspiration monday: 50 shades of grey t-shirts

the inspiration
jessica hart
megan bird



 jeans ~ Ross
chambray, sweater ~ Marshalls
hat, jacket ~ thrifted
necklace ~ vintage, thrifted
shoes ~ ebay

nora bird



jacket, shirt ~ Marshalls
sweatshirt ~ Old Navy
jeans ~ Levis
shoes ~ Bamboo

i'd like to think that i am a very proactive person when it comes to cleaning out my closets and organizing my dresser drawers, but to be honest, usually the only reason i clean them out is either because i can't close a dresser drawer, or i get so frustrated with hangers fighting with other hangers for lack of room in the closet. i get so upset that i just start cleaning house like a mad woman.

this is how i came to clean out my dresser drawers this weekend. i couldn't close either of the two drawers dedicated to t-shirts. it's great to have a ton of t-shirts to choose from if need be, but the fact of the matter is that if you can't see them all because the drawers are too full, what's the point of having so many. so i either had to get rid of some, or buy a bigger house. the first choice seemed the easiest.

as i was cleaning (recklessly, mind you) the drawers out, it came to my attention that i own an inordinate amount of grey t-shirts. i love a nice grey t-shirt. they just seem more cozy and cute to me than any other color. but honestly, i don't need as many as i had.

i won't even tell you how many i owned, and i won't tell you how many i got rid of. frankly, it's a little embarrassing. i will tell you this, though ~ the amount of just grey t-shirts that i got rid of was over five....if that means anything. and i've said too much (because the amount i kept is more than the amount i got rid of). now i have really said too much.

happy monday!
xoxo,
two birds



20 comments:

  1. ha ha! I did the same thing with my t-shirts and I have a weird amount of purple t-shirts. It is my favorite color, but really? Both of you ladies look amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I truly need to clean my closets + drawers + storage spaces--truly! You two look fab! I loved this great inspiration! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Loving both your looks here, so very inspiring and stylish!! I do love me a grey tee- am mentally counting how many I have, maybe half a dozen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I am the same way when it comes to cleaning my closet! And I have a grey sweater problem, so I totally relate :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I have a ton of grey too, it's just one of my favorite neutral shades I guess! Love both of your layered looks - and your awesome leopard coat Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want both of your coats! So nice to meet you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of my drawers barely close... it's sad. But yet I just keep buying more! Love both of your coats!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layering - I love that you both mixed in some prints to liven the look up!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a million t-shirts too but I need one in every color and in both v-neck and crew neck, right? Right. I love the layering today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same problem! Gray is the perfect neutral.
    I love the leopard coat and the leather sleeve coat!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same issue with grey cardigans. Can't stop buying them. But it's the perfect color for everything!

    Loving the button ups under the tees today. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both looks! There is something so wonderful about the perfect grey tshirt. It works with just about everything and always looks great!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan, you are one hilarious clothes horse, LOL. I love the punch of turquoise on your outfit and the jacket is screaming my name. Nora, adorable ensemble with the heels! Great going you too. Come see my post. I have a GIVEAWAY for just my followers NOW! And ....Baby Z went home with MOMMY today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both your outfits!! So chic! The layering is perfect!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is how I get over a certain item I love. Like, er-sailor items!x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need both of your jackets in my closet!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love that you both took j. hart as inspiration and then made it your own - leopard coat and graphic tee? so much more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You both layered your looks so well. I'm horrible with layers... I always feel so chunky. You ladies make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hooray for clean closets! i want a leopard coat.

    ReplyDelete