Tuesday, October 22, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): family love





sweater~ vintage, hand-me-down from megan (originally from b. (a resale shop)
scarf~ hand-me-down from mom
hat~ thrifted
jeans~ Levis
shoes~ Minnetonka, gift from mom

i am seriously so lucky to have been born into this family of mine. they are the best and i am truly so blessed. they are an amazing support system and are the givers of great advice. if i ever need a babysitter, they are there to help. and my kids are always ecstatic to see any one of my sisters or parents walk through the door. they are hilarious and can always make me laugh. if i am ever in tears, i always have a shoulder to cry on. and they usually have me laughing again in no time. and if i am ever having serious jaw pain and decide to take to google to see what could possibly be ailing me and then start crying and immediately email my entire family that google just told me i am about to have a heart attack, they remind me that i am a tired, stressed out mother of two who tends to grind her teeth and clench her jaw while she's sleeping (just like the rest of them do...we are an anxious family) and i am almost certainly not having a heart attack (we are also a family of hypochondriacs). i am just stressed and need to relax and step away from the google machine. and then we all have a good laugh. because that is what we do best. and sure enough, after a nice long workout, some stretching, a hot shower, and a low key day, i am as good as new. no more jaw pain and, thank goodness, no heart attack!

it's also pretty great when i wear an outfit, like the one above, that is almost entirely handed down and/or gifted to me by family members. i'm a lucky gal.

xoxo, nora bird

24 comments:

  1. ok this is too cute! the hat and scarf are just perfect! lovely outfit!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cozy!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is adorable on you! My hubby also likes to Google things and then obsess over them so I understand!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I loved this post and I love your cozy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet post! i feel so lucky for my family too! and I need my fall clothes out!! what a comfy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I never google my ailments - I get too worked up about it. Sounds like a pretty great family (with great taste in clothes!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. family is the best & i am so grateful for mine too!

    always, koru kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post! I love that your family is so awesome like that! And yes, step away from Dr. Google. :) You look so warm and cozy, perfect for this weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, you were crazy to let that sweater go! It's SO cute and looks super comfy. Love this post and outfit :) Yay for awesome families.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! The sweater! I am loving this outfit, so cozy! How awesome to have a sister to share clothes with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw this post almost made me cry! I feel the same way about my family. At our Halloween party this past weekend, there were so many family members there with their kids. It is always helpful and makes it so much more fun! I love your cozy look--especially those moccasins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a happy story about your family -- you're a lucky girl :) i sure do wish my family lived closer (my parents, brother and sister are all in different states)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you have a pretty amazing and fashion forward family! I love this outfit becuase it is definitely something I would wear. Your mocs are so cute and I love love love that sweater!
    - Caitlin
    http://woreoutblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You truly are lucky. I wish I had the same sort of strong family bonds. Love the outfit, by the way! Knit is certainly the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That outfit looks great on you! I love the sweater and the hat. I have first hand experience and your family is really the best. All of you sisters are so funny and nice. I didn't talk much with your dad but your mom is amazing! Thanks for letting me hang out with guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gah!!! Adorable you are! Lovely little post too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw you are so lucky!! Love this super cozy and cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg this sweater looks so warm and cozy, i just want to wrap myself in it! obsessed.

    xo, Alicia
    River City Chic

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been loving an oversized knit sweater esp for the cold weather we've been having! Great outfit! So cute and cozy! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would love to be featured on your blog post tomorrow. Thanks for asking and the sweet comment!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Find me on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sweater looks seriously cozy and soft
    Perfect for the cool rainy weather we are having here
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really pretty scarf and sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so very elegant and pretty--what a great outfit!!! And, a wonderful tribute to your loving family! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this cold weather look. That scarf is gorgeous.
    http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. your family does indeed rock, and so does that cuddly, comfy, stylish, mostly gifted outfit! hooray for no heart attack nora!

    ReplyDelete