Wednesday, October 23, 2013

love*birds: 10.23.13

things i am loving this week:
~ my son has started doing his own dishes...without being asked. i don't know exactly what's happening, but i am not going to complain!
~ my oldest friend (not oldest in age, but longest, i guess) is coming to town this weekend. we have been friends for 35 years...crazy, huh? (i know, i'm old.)
~ i cleaned my room, my closet(s), and my shoes out and got rid of so much stuff at erin's swap last weekend. i still have no room in my closets, but it was a start!
~ eva cleared up the girl drama issue...she acted as a go-between and got both of her friends to apologize to each other. i couldn't be prouder.
~ and last, but not least, our baby sister is pregnant!!! we knew, even though she didn't tell us until she was 12 weeks along, but we are still over the moon about it.

and here are some other things we are loving this week.

megan bird
blue winter cape
how fabulous is this cape? i love the color, and the detailing is so unique and gorgeous. it is sure to make a statement on bleak winter days!

crimson fall dress
i am a huge fan of this color for fall, and the fabric of the skirt is so gorgeous. i love the contrast of the shiny, fancy bottom and the cool, comfy, casual top.

asymmetrical coat
i know i already posted a coat, but come on, look at this! i love the color, and the hemline makes it so unique! plus, you can never have too many coats in minnesota!

hoodie camouflage sweatshirt
you can also never have too many sweatshirts in minnesota...especially cool color-blocked camo hooded ones. i love this!

silver eternity ring necklace
i love how simple and elegant this necklace is. it would make a statement with any outfit.

blog*love
She is Lovely
sheila is rocking the plaid shirt/faux leather skirt in this outfit. i bought a faux leather skirt just so i could wear it with a plaid shirt. i have yet to wear my outfit, but she has inspired me. now all i need are some amazing black heels like hers!!

insta*love
 follow along @meglets

i snapped this picture of my gorgeous parents last weekend. they are a good looking couple, no? i sure do love them!

nora bird

i know. this looks like a springtime dress, right? but picture it with a cozy cardigan, cranberry colored tights, and tall brown boots. i know! such a cute, fall outfit!


i love nature inspired jewelry. and this twig ring is just gorgeous! so delicate and feminine!

quilted cashmere coat

seriously, how cool is this asymmetrical coat? so cool! i love the structured silhouette and the fun, crystal buttons!

girly football sweatshirt

it's football season, yes, but i honestly don't care much about football. i do, however, love cute and cozy sweatshirts! plus, this one is my college colors, so i could at least pretend i cared!

book scarf

you guys! i loved "anne of green gables" as a kid. loved! and i love scarves! a lot. so i think this might be my perfect scarf!

blog*love
my wardrobe staples

katelin looks gorgeous is this outfit, perfect for a fall date night! and that lip color is also perfect on her!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

this is one of my favorite pictures of jim and mimi ever! my sister snapped it right before we left for jim's sister's wedding last weekend. they both look so great!


what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

16 comments:

  1. Love the pic of your parents!!! That blue cape is fab, too! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are super excited about your son doing his own dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys always find the best jewelry that's totally my style

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cobalt cape is striking! I'm glad to hear the drama with Eva's friends is now over :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about buying a new coat and I love all three of the ones posted here!! Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just hate it when you have a massive clear out and it doesn't even look like you've opened your closet door? Dammit! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your sister - how fun! And I seriously can't decide which of those coats to get; the cape and the gray are both AMAZING. Great, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I love being back at blogging finally! I have missed you all so much. Oh all these coats you have a on this post are divine! But most of all I LOVE the family insta-love pics each week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. friends for 35 years? that's so happy :) friends coming to visit always makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww congrats to your sister! That is very exciting news! And I love having old friends in my life too - I have a friend I've known since I was five in my life and we're just as close as always!

    I love all the coats you both picked out - yes we can never have too many coats here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh, I love that dress, so pretty!!! And yes, your parents are very good looking!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to clean out my closet too! I just love all the jewelery you picked out!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thanks for the blog love! I can't wait to see your take on the outfit! :)

    Also, I'm really liking that twig ring.... gonna have to go check it out!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Find me on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for featuring my coat :-)
    Best wishes from France,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the asymetrical coat and the dainty necklace1
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh mimi looks so grown up, and it sounds like megan's kids are showing such superb qualities too! yes, your parents are very fine looking. hooray to long friendships, clean closets, & your lil sis having a baby! i dig the swing cape & cashmere coats.

    ReplyDelete