Friday, September 13, 2013

one night one mission: dress for success

we are straying from our normal friday diy to share a great local event with you that is coming up. if you like to 1. dress up, 2. have fun, and 3. donate to a good cause, we have the event for you!!!

i'm sure you've heard of dress for success before. they are a fabulous not-for-profit organization that helps people find, and keep, employment. they give women one suit when she has a job interview, and she can trade it in for another when she finds work. they also provide ongoing support as women both look for, and transition into a new job. basically, it's a pretty amazing organization.

so, on to the event. here's the deets:
when: october 23, 2013 6:00 pm 
where: aria
it's going to be amazing. tickets are $100, which might seem steep...but think about it...you are getting a ticket to a fabulous event, with a red carpet photo shoot, live music, silent auction, fancy food, and drinks. (the price of the ticket includes two drinks and hors d' oeuvres.) oh, and did i mention that it's tax deductible? oh, and did i mention it's for a great cause? you know you want to go!!!

if you are a fancy-dancy minnesotan and would like to go, click here for tickets. you can also donate at that site of you aren't local. the birds plan on going, so if you're there, swing by and say hello!!

if we haven't convinced you yet, did we mention that this is a perfect excuse to buy yourself a new dress? convinced?
we hope you can make it!

xoxo, two birds

15 comments:

  1. This IS a great event! I hope a ton of people go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like fun. I will have to see if I can swing it - and squeeze my pregnant bod into a pretty dress! At any rate, what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress for success is such a wonderful organization - thanks for sharing this. Hope they have an event in LA! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what an awesome event - I wish I could go... and it's even in MPLS! So bummed I can't make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what an awesome event - I wish I could go... and it's even in MPLS! So bummed I can't make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that all sounds FABULOUS!!!!! That is a great idea/cause and event. WOW! Makes me wish I lived closer, of course, but you do know that I must travel to MN someday soon. I must meet all of my fabulouse MN bloggers!!! (I have like 5)

    Thanks for the snaps on the thrift shop finds! I love getting a fabulous scarf for $2 or $1. YES!!! (♥)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dress For Success is an AWESOME program! It really helps other women. We have a branch in Baton Rouge.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didn't realize you were blogging in minneapolis -- that makes me even more excited to follow along :) and, bonus, i think i'll be able to make the event. i'll let my friends know, too, and maybe see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I lived closer dagnabbit! It's an awesome organisation and well worth donating to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love Dress for Success
    was a style consultant for 2 years for them
    have a great time
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO wish I could! I'm glad you two support such a worthy cause.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?


    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun event to support a great cause :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of anything like this before but it's wonderful. What a great idea and I sure hope there is a great deal of support.

    ReplyDelete