Wednesday, September 18, 2013

love*birds: 9.18.13

things i am loving this week:
~ megan and i are styling and hosting a fashion show next weekend for the southdale center grand reopening!!! if you are local, you should definitely come down and see us. we would love your support and it is sure to be a great event!
~ i have started the overwhelming task of cleaning out my closets. it took me forever to actually begin because it made me overwhelmed to even think about it. i seriously have a disgusting amount of clothing and shoes. i am nowhere near finished, but i am making a ton of progress and getting rid of a ton of stuff! clothing swap anyone???
~ salted caramel apple crisp with vanilla frozen yogurt. enough said.
~ we are planning a fall themed family photo shoot with erin in the next couple of weeks. our first official family photos with ben! fun!

 and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
vintage polka dot shirt

gah! i need this vintage, silk blouse so i can wear it everyday this fall! gorgeous!

handmade loafers

these shoes are cut from vintage, hand-woven turkish rugs. how cool! and how beautiful! i am in love with the warm fall colors of this pair.

sterling silver handmade ring

this ring is so cool. i love the organic feel of it. just gorgeous!

Winterous Autumnus

such a cool, minimal print. i really really want this hanging in my house.

cat sweater

i adore the comfy, slouchy, boyfriend style of this cardigan. and the adorable cat patches on the elbows are the cherry on top!

blog*love
Classy Ever After

Gina is wearing the perfect fall outfit in this post. chambray and leopard mixed with chic brown and gold accessories. i am really loving this classic look!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

my parents babysat on saturday night so jim and i could have a date night. we stayed out too late and were too tired the next day, but it was worth it. we had a ton of fun!

megan bird

no, i am not ready for winter. i'm not even ready for fall – i love summer. but i also love fall/winter clothes and accessories. so, since it's going to happen anyway, i might as well prepare and buy the cutest, chunkiest, coziest scarf i can, right? this one is in the running!


speaking of the coziest, comfiest, cutest clothing...how about this tee/dress? can't you see it right now with leggings and some cute cognac riding boots? ok, maybe i am ready for fall.



well what do you know? i found the perfect boots to go with that tee. bring it on, fall! (but not winter!)



while i'm at it, i suppose i need a trench coat. layering is key for a minnesota fall! and this coat is too stylish to pass up!



and because you are never fully dressed without a smile or accessories, i need to throw in this amazing necklace. it's so unique! i love the geometric design!

blog*love

melody is rocking no makeup and a fabulous outfit in this post. if only i could look that great without a stitch of makeup, and if only i had that exact same outfit. if this doesn't give me a reason to buy a tee with a cat on, nothing will!!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

the kidlets had picture day on monday and i asked them to show me how they were going to smile. i secretly hope henry did this for real!

what are you loving today?

xoxo,
two birds
 

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event this weekend! Distressed cognac boots--definitely on my "someday" list! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos - Melody looks amazing with no makeup and I need that cat sweater in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. the kids picture is hilarious, that would be so funny if he really took his picture that way! Those handmade loafers are amazing!! And I need that huge comfy scarf in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. the kids picture is hilarious, that would be so funny if he really took his picture that way! Those handmade loafers are amazing!! And I need that huge comfy scarf in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that you guys are styling the fashion show! I can't wait to see photos :)

    Haha, that would be hilarious if Henry's school photos came out like that!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely going to try and make it to your fashion show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kids are adorable! And Nora, good for you for closet cleaning! I'm constantly working on mine, but I've had some cash come in from my favorite consignment place lately so it's keeping me totally motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO awesome that you guys are hosting and styling a fashion show...take lots of pics! And that apple crisp sounds ahhhmazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cognac boots and that ring is so pretty. It looks very vintage/boho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a cat on that cardigan. I think I need it. I really think I need it.

    And I hope to come down and see your fashion show! I was supposed to be a family event that day and it's been cancelled, so now I think I can swing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the key when you have a large amount in your closet is to work on it a little bit at a time. do a little each day, so it's not overwhelming. it use to take me 3-4 days to complete. i've now minimized it to a day and a half. hahaha i downsized a lot.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. the fashion show sounds like so much fun - i'll see if my friends want to get dinner and make a night out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the minimal print in particular.fashion show is a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such great picks, I love all of them but especially that cat sweater!! I need that :) And those handmade loafers are pretty great too!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the boots! I need new boots. I just don't "love" mine anymore.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The best part of your 'love' post is your instagrams, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha! Love that last pic. Good luck on your fashion show. Mmmmm salted caramel apple crisp...if I lived closer I'd be there : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete