Monday, September 16, 2013

inspiration monday: packing

the inspiration
michelle williams
 
megan bird



 jeans ~ Ross
shirt ~ Marshalls
coat, sunglasses ~ Target
necklace ~ H&M
watch ~ Cents of Style
shoes ~ thrifted

nora bird

 

jeans ~ BLANKNYC
shirt ~ F21
jacket, boots ~ b. (a resale shop)

we went camping this weekend. because it's a short vacation, and we really don't care too much about what we look like, i always let the kids pack themselves. in preparation, i made a list for them on what to pack. i was gone that night, so i told chris to make sure they got it done. unfortunately, he trusted that they would do it correctly by themselves. he was wrong.

the next morning, i noticed a paper target grocery bag (yes, apparently this counts as a suitcase these days) stuffed with a few things. luckily i thought to double check what they had packed. here are a few examples:

i wrote "3 socks" and eva literally packed 3 socks, none of them matching. henry packed a handful of socks, including one soccer sock (you know the kind, the long tube sock made to fit over a shin guard), and one of chris' dirty calvin klein black dress socks.
I wrote "3 underwear" and eva packed one pair. henry at least packed 2.
I wrote "1 sweatshirt" eva threw in a winter sweater with a big bow on it, and Henry nothing.
 
so that morning, i had to repack and make sure they had everything they needed. luckily i checked because it was cooooold at night!! (so much so that we slept in hats!) it was an amazing weekend, though. the campsite was gorgeous, complete with waterfalls and deer right outside the scamp door. even mismatched socks and a low supply of clean underwear  wouldn't have ruined the weekend!

how was your weekend?

xoxo,
two birds

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab weekend was had by all! You both look fab. Nora, your jacket is beyond amazing!!! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the kids tried to follow directions though! MEg love your necklace, Nora love those tough girl booties! Happy Monday!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper bag packing! Kids are funny. I'm so glad you had a great weekend with deer and waterfalls! And both your outfits are cooler than Michelle's (no offense, Michelle!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an awesome weekend! Camping is so much fun. Love both of your jackets today. I really need a brown one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oops! I guess they really needed it spelled out for them in order to pack what you had in mind. Both of your jackets are great for the fall!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love that Eva took you literally at "3 socks". Too cute. Glad you brought warm clothes though, it was pretty chilly this weekend!

    I love both of your jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More rain and lots of sleep. Awh~ Even tho I don't work outside the home I still have that 5 day work week and a weekend mentality.

    I love the humor in your writing Megan. I love your shoes from what I can see. Can tell the heel, tho. Nora, I tried on a pair of shoes like yours and feel like I was going to break an ankle. Sure hope you don't. HAVEATREMENDOUSWEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies! I haven't commented in so long. Your outfits are both super cute, and it sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these outfits! Sounds like a great weekend even with the packing mishap :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to a friend's cabin this weekend. And it sounds like my kids have similar packing issues to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA! What a cute story! You both look awesome! Loving the black heels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love that eva packed literally 3 socks, none matching. Both of your jackets are fabulous, love them!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg'sh! HAHAHA i'm so glad you caught the errors. thank GOD for mommies. HAHAHA I had to chuckle when I read this.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great weekend, even with a little packing issues! I always WAY over pack and my husband WAY underpacks. Love your looks!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're both rocking it this week - love the look! i'm still hunting for a cheap leather jacket for my fall collection. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great copycats- leather jackets are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Megan, I love how you popped the shirt collar and rolled the cuffs over the jacket
    Nora...those shoes!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to check the bags before we go to Grandma's. I've had to purchase underwear and socks before... Lurv both jackets this week, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exactly 3 socks made me LOL. Kids are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this look on both of you - a perfect mix of casual bad-assery. I only went camping once this whole summer and it rained most of the time!

    ReplyDelete