Tuesday, August 6, 2013

megan bird's wedding: part 1

it's taken me a while to even think about doing a post on our wedding. i have so much to say, and i want to share every single picture with you all...but i know that would be way too much! so i am trying to narrow it down. i thought i would break it up into a few posts. this one is easy...decor.

this was my baby for over a year. i literally bought and collected every single item that was displayed at the wedding. i spent hours upon hours pinning, shopping, sorting, and planning. it was so much fun...and i was in my element. and for three days before the wedding, chris and i worked 12-hour days decorating. and then the day of the wedding, we spent a few more hours working. and this is the end result. i couldn't have been happier.



this was our "guest book" area. it was so fun to read everyone's post cards the next day!



candy buffet!




we used vintage sheets as table clothes, and vintage bottles, mason jars, quirky whiskey bottles and other random glass items for the tables. and lots and lots of flowers that we bought the day before.








we wanted a fair feel to our wedding, so of course we had to have a fortune teller and a photo booth!

somewhere along the way, my "food" sign fell off the ladder!

donuts were from Drew's Donuts and they were delicious!


we had the most amazing food truck. the food was delicious and the service was even better. check them out if you're in the twin cities area...House of Hunger.





nora made all of the chalkboards for us!







and there you have it...picture overload. stay tuned for more posts!! there were plenty of wonderful pics taken! (fyi, the wonderful erin of Babes in Thriftland took most of these pictures. didn't she do a great job?)

xo,
mrs. megan bird

29 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Looks like a beautiful wedding. Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did such an amazing job! I'm glad it turned out just how you wanted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It looks so good all put together like this. Glad you like the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute wedding! I like that theme and your attention to details, it really looks like the kind of wedding you would want to attend! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for one of these posts! Wow, Megan - the details are simply amazing! You could totally have a job as a professional wedding planner, I am not kidding. So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable wedding! I'm making sure to share with my engaged friends... so many great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the little details made the wedding so special! That is awesome that you had a donut truck, YUM!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! So cute! I love all of the adorable details! It looks like it was such a fun day! I totally hope you post more photos, the more the better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the weddings where you can tell that the couple put a lot of work and character into the wedding. The details are always my fave! You did a great job! Your wedding looks like such a fun one! I never knew donut trucks existed. Now I want one to frequent my work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you're wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I love all the little details that made it your own and it looks like you really made sure the guests had so much fun by including candy and a food truck! So awesome! And you got married on my birthday! Yay!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, how awesome! Your guests must've had the time of their lives! I love all the unique personal touches. Also, MINI DONUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's so neat that you had a vision and you brought it to life! You should be very proud, you did an AMAZING job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOSH. You are amazing. SERIOUSLY! I don't think I know anyone who has put this much work into their own wedding plans and decor. But girl it paid off! So perfect! I love the postcard idea and all of your signs look amazing! Looks like it was a gorgeous setting for your wedding too! And Erin did an amazing job with photography!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Megan...it looked absolutely perfect! So cozy, so fun...so you guys. All your hard work definitely paid off!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Just...wow. I am so super impressed by this! You created such a beautiful vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW. I'm speechless!! This is better than any pinterest wedding I've ever seen! It's absolutely GORGEOUS Megan! And I just LOVE that you personally collected every single thing. What a beautiful, perfect, wedding you had!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so incredibly crafty. i love that half the items did not match and everything worked fabulously together! I particularly loved the mismatched glassware for the flowers. I collect glass bottles so that felt so right! You executed your theme perfectly. Great job!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wedding looked amazing and so beautiful! I love all of the special touches!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just LOVED this! Wow! Incredible job. All the details really show how much effort you put into this.
    I am in total awe.
    I am so glad you were able to capture all the special touches with your photos so you can remember it well.
    So so lovely.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. This might be the most adorable wedding I have EVER seen! Amazing the thought put into all the details. Very planned yet super casual. LOVE it! So glad I found your blog via your comment on mine (onemommysthoughts.com). I look forward to following you two ladies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. my computer is being poopy and I can only see half of these but it looks so incredibly wonderful! such a unique and personal wedding, love that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for sharing! i love all your thoughtful details, especially the candy bar, flowers, and hankies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally captured the essence of your wedding which = LOVE!! beautiful right down to the tiny details. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful! Love all the fun little details! I want a wedding like this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. she did an excellent job on the photos. negan, you did an exceptional job on the whole wedding! i mean it's totally unique in a comfortable, joyous, and delightful while looking marvelous way. :)

    ReplyDelete