Tuesday, July 30, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): overall awesomeness




overalls~ from megan bird
shirt~ Old Navy
shoes~ Target
necklace~ Etsy, gift from jim

i haven't worn overalls since i was a kid. and, like many of the things i wore as a kid, they're back! (i was going to say they are back in style, but i guess i am not quite sure if overalls are, or ever were, very stylish. but i digress...) also, like many of the things i wore as a child, i am pretty sure i said i would never wear them again. other things i vowed i would never again wear? skinny jeans (wear them almost every day), leggings (live in them all winter long), and bangs (i can't picture myself without them.) and, of course, here i am in overalls. and i'm not gonna lie. i like them. they are comfy, they are easy to wear, you can throw them on over just about anything, and you can wear them in any season. they are practical mom-wear while still being kind of cool and funky. there is a downside, though. there is really no way to look cute while sitting down in overalls. they kind of bunch up around the middle and it looks a little awkward. but that's easy to hide when you have a giant baby sitting in your lap almost all of the time. ben to the rescue! i seriously might wear these babies every other day! (thanks for the overalls, megan bird! sorry for ruining our blog since i will just be wearing these all the time now.)

xoxo, nora bird

22 comments:

  1. So cute! You can rock pretty much anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in these overalls! I never would have guessed how cute these would look. Maybe, I'll try to find myself some of those suckers!

    Have a great day!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the orange and blue and the overall do look cute on you. I think I like them more on other people than on myself.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! I have been considering overalls this summer ever since I saw the lead singer from Walk Off The Earth (who happened to be pregnant at the time) wearing a pair and looking cute. You have me convinced it might be time to find some too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word... you seriously look adorable in these overalls! Love that you rolled the bottoms up.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how so many old trends are coming back in style now! The overalls looks adorable on you but this is one trend I don't think I can revist. Brings back awkward memories of the 6th grade!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never got over overalls and I have always worn them even when they were uncool purely for the comfort and funk factor. I love this pair on you! I wish my sister would loan me cool/cute overalls like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THESE ARE THE MOST PERFECT OVERALLS EVER!!! I have a pair of overall shorts. But they don't come close!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could pull off overalls! They look fantastic on you!

    XO,
    http://sororitygirlintherealworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have overall shorts that I thrifted and LOVE but they are a tiny bit too small. I can't get rid of them though - they WILL fit damn it. I keep hoping they will fit every time I put them on. These are so cute on you, Nora. I really love you in this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never even try them but I love the look on you, especially with the heels! Though I can picture them being very useful when you have smalls ones running around! All of the pockets.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so adorable in your overalls! I don't know how you're doing that because most people don't look nearly so cute in overalls! Is it the hair? The cuffed legs? The sandals? You're so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look so cute on you! More so since your hair is done in a really sweet way!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so great on you! I love seeing a 'normal' person rocking them - now I really regret not getting a pair I tried on a while back! :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great in them! I don't think I could pull it off as well as you!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh oh, I am not crazy of the overalls. I wore them in the 80's. I did. I thought they were odd. I doubt I'll go for them this time around. Hiding you will Ben was so funny to read. Ben is so cute with his rolls and rolls of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep seeing them over and over again being worn by clebs.
    I wore them when they were last in vogue back in the late 90's
    In fact I still have a pair in my closet in case I ever need them for a costume party. LOL
    Maybe I will have to get them out and see what they look like or maybe not.
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those overalls are cute on you! I don't think I can wear overalls again, though. I wore them way too much in the late '90s and early 2000s, and I'll never forget how baggy and awful they looked on me in pictures. I'd have to find some fitted ones to ever try this trend again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i LOVE the way they are styled here! The orange tee underneath is too cute with it. I love that necklace & sandals. Fabulous, fabulous styling!!!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks awesome! i love seeing how girls pull this off

    francesca
    Frank Vinyl. A california personal style blog

    ReplyDelete