Thursday, July 25, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): man bands and other awkward things




shirt~ H&M
skirt~ F21
necklace~ gift from mother-in-law
shoes~ Nine West

my neighbor's new 14 week-old puppy, enzo, came out to say hello while i was posing for my outfit photos. which also meant that my neighbor was standing right there and watching while jim was taking these photos. and it was a little awkward. but whatever. i just kept right on posing like i didn't even care. but you can tell by these photos that i am a bit uncomfortable! i'm totally smiling awkwardly and looking at jim, like, "come on, dude. take these photos and let's get back inside already!"
i wore this to the boyz II men/98 degrees/NKOTB concert, which was also a little awkward, but still totally awesome. i have been in love with NKOTB, specifically donnie, since about 1989. i was never lucky enough to attend one of their concerts as a child (when they were in their prime), but i have seen them twice now as an adult. and while their concerts may have been a bit more thrilling and less cringe-worthy when i was a kid, at least now i can drink beer and laugh hysterically with my sister when donnie tries to be sexy or jordan does the running man. and we can make up a name and various stories about the fourth member of 98 degrees, who we never even knew existed. or joke that one of the other members does not seem like he should be in a boy man band but, rather, very much resembles timothy busfield. also, almost every 98 degree song sounds like "water runs dry" by boyz II men. coincidence? i think not. and speaking of boyz II men, there for sure used to be four members, am i right? (only three members performed at this show and megan and i thought maybe we were going crazy. if anyone knows what happened to bass, we are all ears.) so, yeah, i'll take the concert as an adult. way more fun!

happy thursday, all!

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. LMAO! I love this outfit, the tee looks comfy. The ladies staying at our hotel for the package tour did an 80s theme, and some of them made their own tshirts. There was a lot of drunken fun. I enjoyed it!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep at the awkward neighbor encounter, but whoah at this outfit! YOu look amazing and comfortable at the same time!
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! Haha, yeah, Justin does look a little out of place compared to the rest of the 98 degrees guys. I hear he gets quite a bit of action being the only single one now, though, so there's that. There did used to be four members of Boyz II Men, but that's all I know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your outfit! you look so pretty & cute! that skirt, top and those shoes are fab. hahaha at enzo. he's a cutie! love your hair too! there was definitely 4 in boyz II men. hmmm, now I'm curious to know what happened to the fourth one.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nora! This ensemble is so 'ME'! Couldn't you see me wearing this? YES!!!

    All those Boy bands / Man bands are so odd to me. I saw The Backstreet Boys on Letterman a month ago or so and thought, "more like Uptown Men" if you ask me. I did love BoyzIIMen's sound of their great harmonies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, ya and click on the link on my post to know more about "animal style" at IN N OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so perfect for a concert! If I notice a neighbor is standing outside, I'll wait for them to leave before I take my photos. My hubby thinks I'm nuts :) And yes, there def used to be 4 members in Boyz II Men

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Forever 21 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, there used to be four of the Boyz, but one of them died :-( I looooooooooved all of these bands growing up. I don't know how many times I listened to my BIIM tapes (yeah, tapes!). I looooove your striped skirt as well. And I REALLY hate when my photo shoot is watched. So uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt! So pretty and versatile! I would love to have one just like it. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the neighbor was just thinking how hot you looked in that outfit - nice, lady! Sexy heels too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! I have a striped skirt like that too and I have found it's very versatile. Your neighbor's new puppy is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful outfit. That skirt is smashing on you.

    Also, yeah, I thought there were four in Boyz II Men too. But, maybe not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love, love this outfit
    I want to see the puppies face!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl!! I love this outfit on you...the skirt is adorable...legs foreva!!!!

    I am glad you enjoyed the concert, what great bands and fun times...90's!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a love for Donnie as well. Because we both have birthdays in August. Lame, I know.

    Adorable outfit, and the puppy almost matches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sometimes take my photos in parks, and it's so awkward trying not to meet anyone's quizzical stares. But fashion bloggers gotta do what we gotta do!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. adorable photos!! i love your shoes =)

    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look! Very chic! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha, so funny that you've gone to 2 NKOTB concerts as an adult! maybe because I went as a kid I haven't gone now that i'm an adult (or really it's because I have 3 kids!!!). but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that striped skirt and the white tee. it's such a classic look. I need me a striped shirt!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete