Wednesday, May 8, 2013

love*birds: 5.8.13 (mother's day edition)

things i am loving this week:
~ this sunday will be my first mother's day as a mom of two. i mean, least year i was pregnant with ben, so i guess technically i already was. but, you know, two kids outside of my body.
~ holy crap, it is spring! hooray!
~ playing outside. eating outside. taking long walks outside. just being outside. and my kids are loving it, too!
~ seeing my neighbors again after five months of us all hibernating indoors.
~ ben's face when you set him on a blanket anywhere outdoors. he is amazed by everything. the birds, the trees, the shadows cast onto the ground, the airplanes, the grass, everything. although, don't put him anywhere near sand. he hates it. and he will let you know.
~ my mother's day plans include gardening, sangria, hanging with my hubby and kids, and a big family dinner over at my mom's house. needless to say, i can hardly wait.
~ our mom. she is the most amazing mom and grandma ever. we love you so much, mom!

and, in honor of mother's day, here are a few things we think that any mom would love...

nora bird

oh my gosh, i need this. this is perfect for any mom with teething kids. ben is constantly grabbing my (non-teething) necklaces and chewing on them. this necklace is not only super cute, but it serves a purpose! i love it!


this hat is perfect for those sunny days at the park or the beach with the kids. fashionable and functional. a must for any mom!


this mug says it all.



have you seen mean girls? amy poehler is my favorite character in that movie. and this is my favorite line. i use it a lot (as a joke, of course. i'm not that cool.)


this would be such a cute gift! i think my mom, all my sisters, and i should get them!

blog*love

christina does pattern mixing so well in this adorable ensemble! the shorts are so cool and i just love them paired with the striped top! this would be a perfect sunday brunch outfit!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

my adorable little ones on a walk the other day. love them.

megan bird
bird vase
a two birds vase!! (what's not to love?) i would love to see a little bouquet of lilies of the valley in this gorgeous and dainty vase!

initial stacking rings
oooh, these rings! they are so cute! and what a fun way to celebrate your kids.


love you forever print
this book seriously makes me cry every time i read it. i think my kids get a kick out of it when i do. it's such a sweet and sad book, but so full of love. a quote from it hanging in my house might make me cry every time i walk by, but it's still so beautiful!


vintage floral maxi dress
this dress would be perfect for lounging in the back yard, drinking sangrias on mother's day!!

sun hat
i have been wanting a fun red hat for summer (even though i rarely wear hats), and this one fits the bill perfectly. i love the nautical feel to it!

blog*love
Happy Medley
anna of Happy Medley looks so fun and springy in this mix of pastels and stripes. i love all the color, and that skirt looks gorgeous on her! also, she's a new mommy herself (happy mother's day!!) and look how amazing she looks.
ps she also has my favorite book in print in her son's nursery.

insta*love
follow along @meglets

we had a bit of a snafu in getting our invites out (read more about that tomorrow), but we finally did. as i said on instagram there's #noturningback now! (not that iwant to ;) (ps, aren't those stamps so pretty?)

what are you loving this week?
xoxo,
two birds

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great mother's day planned! I think I might need to join you in making some sangria :) Love that bird vase (of course)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those initial rings! I have a heart one and hope to add two initials to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little heart ring is so super sweet! Love it!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love that Mean Girls card! Yay for getting the wedding invites out...those stamps are such a cute touch!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome picks for mom! I love the Mean Girls card, that movie is hilarious. And the bird vase - one of you needs that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! I love it:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh a two birds vase! You HAVE to get it! And I love all the hats, so cute.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto on the being outside...so awesome! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how much do I love that heart ring! I wish it could be my wedding ring! Wow, I can't imagine being a mum on mother's day! Never thought about that before!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that adorable heart wire ring is calling my name!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The teething necklace is absolutely brilliant and the two birds vase divine.

    Have a wonderful, laughter-filled, Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that fedora
    Saw those teething beads in a shop about a year while looking for something for my preggers friend
    thought those things were ingenious
    wish they would have been around when my boys were babes
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy mother's day, mamas! Love you both! I hope your day is amazing!

    ReplyDelete