Wednesday, May 29, 2013

love*birds: 5.29.13

things i am loving this week:
~ long weekends=short work weeks. enough said.
~ the bachelorette started on monday. i know it is horrible, but i am totally addicted to that show!
~ i recently found out that my stylist, who is on maternity leave, might come back to work earlier than expected. me and my hair are so excited!
~ today is an extra happy birthday day! my oldest niece turns twelve today. twelve-freakin'-years-old! i can hardly believe it. and it is also my mother-in-law's birthday today! so i would like to wish very happy birthdays to emma and catherine. i love you both so much!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
printed jumpsuit

i'm not entirely sure i could pull this off, but i love it. the print is really cool! perfect for summer!

silk scarf

how gorgeous is this bright yellow, hand-painted scarf? so gorgeous. i absolutely adore the strawberry print.

monogrammed koozie

a chevron, monogrammed koozie is never something i knew i needed. but now i know.

gold initial bar necklace

love love love this necklace. so sweet and dainty. i would wear this every day!

multicolor sunglasses

i need this bright, colorful, funky pair of sunglasses in my life. how fun are these! and under $10. score!

blog*love
Sorority Girl in the Real World

erin is totally rocking her colorful blazer in this post. i love the entire look, from head to toe (check out those adorable sandals!) she looks super chic.

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

this was a rough night. neither of my kids wanted to go to sleep and jim was out for the night. ben was crying and crying, but when i picked him up he was all smiles. such a faker. but it made for a cute photo!

megan bird
blush lace dress
i bet wearing this dress makes you feel like you are in a jane austin book all the time. i want it, and i want to wear it every day!

hand-painted tee
what a darling way to spice up a cute tunic or tee! i love the pastel triangles, and the collar is so fun!

lace knot & tassel necklace
i had a very hard time picking a favorite from this store. everything is so unique and romantic and pretty!! i love the mix of romance and disco in this necklace!

feather artwork
i love the detailing in this original piece. she calls it a doodle, i call it art!

orange 70s platforms
oh.my.goodness! these shoes are perfection. i love the color, the chunky heel, and the cut-out detailing. (and they are my size!)

blog*love
Shell Chic'd
as much as this outfit is something i never wear, it's also something i want to wear every weekend! emily of Shell Chic'd is rocking the short-alls and brogues in this weekend getaway look. and that bag...that bag! i might have to steal this whole look!

insta*love
 follow along @meglets

yes, sometimes when our kids are naughty they have to wear the get along t-shirt. they hate it, but then they love it because after about one minute, the crack up uncontrollably. sometimes i think this might be a good thing for adult couples.

what are you loving this week?

xoxo,
two birds

22 comments:

  1. WHY did you include that silk strawberry scarf?! Now it's all I am going to think about all day. It's SO darling! Plus, I have this weird thing with strawberries (kind of like my bird obsession).

    I LOVE that photo of the kids. Such a classic that I can totally see them cracking up at later in life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, the getalong tee is brilliant!!! I love that lacy dress too!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you niece. Megan did the get along shirt work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited about The Bachelorette (I love Des) and those coozies are amazing! Hooray for short work weeks :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha the get-along T-shirt is a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love short weeks and loooove bachelorette, too! Those sunglasses are also fabulous. xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I have a hard time believing that Ben ever gets fussy Nora! He is always so smiley in all your pictures!! And Megan, the get along shirt seriously cracks me up - I agree, maybe some adults need to try that method too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the chevron monogram koozies! Going to need one for the summer ;) If it ever comes that is...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gold bar necklace is so pretty...I love simple pieces like that! The get along tee shirt is TOO funny! And I'm watching the Bachelorette too :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Bracelet Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha, the get along T-shirt. Awesome.

    That strawberry scarf is adorable!

    I gave up on the Bachelor(ette) franchise a couple seasons ago because I didn't like Emily, but I'm thinking I may check it out again. Desiree seems pretty likable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so hard when a stylist is away. haha
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't watch Sean's season so I don't know Desiree. I'm wondering why the producers gave her the worst bunch of bachelors I've ever seen on this show. And why so many of them are so hard to tell apart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, I never knew I needed such cute things until I arrived at this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that yellow hand painted scarf is cute and I super love the colorful sunglasses (it is perfect for the summer)! I love that jumpsuit too, but I'd love that in a brighter color. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those orange 70's platforms are killing me! I want! Sad the long weekend is over but looking forward to the end of this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have such an obsession with using koozies.. and I was JUST thinking this morning about how I need a new one. I MUST get a monogrammed one!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen that get along shirt idea on Pinterest - that's a good one! I don't know if I'll get into this season of the Bachelorette... Dez kind of annoys me. But most seasons that's my guilty pleasure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for including me! It is a super comfy weekend outfit, despite being silly :) LOVE those silk scarves- gorgeous!
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the shout out! Love this post so much and those gold necklaces!

    XO,
    http://sororitygirlintherealworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw! The kids are so cute! I really like those dainty gold necklaces as well.
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Megan's "get along shirt" Wow! Great idea! I also love Nora's sunglasses!!!! I want those right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Erin is one of my closest friends- isn't she gorgeous! Love this post and your blog so much! :)

    Xo, Amanda

    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete