Tuesday, April 23, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): my mimi




sweater~ Theory via b. (a resale shop)
jeans~ H&M
sandals/socks (thanks for the inspo, kq)~ Target
necklace~ F21

well, mimi's birthday was on sunday and i am now officially the mother of a three-year-old. for some reason, three seems so much older than two. two-year-olds still have chubby fingers and feet, baby voices, and need help with almost everything. practically overnight, mimi seems to have grown a foot and her body has lost most of it's baby fat. she looks like a big kid now. and she can put on her own shirt and stand on one foot like a flamingo (trust me, these are both a big deal.) it's bittersweet. my baby is growing up, becoming her own person, distancing herself a (tiny) bit from me and jim, becoming more independent. it is sad in a way, but i also love seeing her grow and bloom and flourish. i love seeing the girl she is becoming. i love that she is finding her own interests. she loves to read, she loves doing art projects, she loves batman (sometimes most of the time, she is batman. seriously. i call her mimi and she looks at me like i am crazy and says, "um, i'm not mimi. i'm batman.") she loves star wars. (okay, so some of these interests are heavily influenced by a certain parent...*cough cough*...jim.) she loves to sing and dance. she dresses herself now and almost always wears her rain boots, even on the sunniest days. she is so beautiful and so smart and so funny and surprises me every day with the things she says. and, yes, she is growing up, but she will always be my sweet, baby girl. i love her so so so much. i am so lucky and so happy and so blessed that she was brought into my world three years ago. she made me a mommy, and that is my absolute favorite thing to be!

xoxo, nora bird

24 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your daughter and three is such a great age...okay, they're all great.

    You look adorable btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 really does sound a lot older than 2. My little Charlie just turned three.

    Happy Birthday to her!!

    I have a pair of flaired jeans that I've been thinking about, and you just inspired me to get them back out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful! :) Love your outfit and pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your daughter! three does seem to jump to no longer a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss wearing flare jeans- I need to bring them back to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your baby girl! They grow up WAY too fast! I miss my girl as a 3 year old. She's all grown and 7-going on 17. P.S. I love the flared jeans!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi sounds absolutely adorable :) Growing up is definitely bittersweet but it must be so awesome to see her turn into her own person. LOVE this cute & comfy outfit...that sweater looks amazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, so sweet! Happy birthday to Mimi! She's turning into quite the little girl!

    PS - I love your sweater and jeans! Cute and cozy, yet chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! She is a great little girl and I'm sure she's proud to have you as a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sweet. Sometimes it's hard to see them grow so quickly but it's also an immense pleasure to watch them become such neat little people!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mimi sounds like a sweetheart! I love your flared jeans and shoes :) xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. she sounds like she could have been my bestie when i was her age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving the wider jeans have not tried on a pair yet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw happy birthday to Mimi! I love seeing my little girl, my only daughter, my baby, grow up but you're right, it is so sad sometimes. My daughter turned 6 on the 17th and I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Mimi sounds so cute. I love three year olds. They are so smart and fun and they always seem to find their path then. So cute!!! You have long legs Nora, or was that the camera angle? (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday to Mimi! She sounds like an awesome 3-year old. I kinda wish there was more batman and star wars around my house, I get sick of all the pink and princess stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi there! thanks so much for your comment!
    and i would be absolutely thrilled to have you feature my look on your blog.
    thanks so much for asking :)

    and happy birthday to mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nora, you look rocktastic. i dig the outfit. do you remember the movie line that goes, "hi, i'm batman."? happy 3 years to mimi darling! now she's the same age as my nephew. my twin nieces will be 3 in june. it's a fun filled active packed age.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute post. Happy 3 years to mimi :)
    http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I m in love with you flare <3

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww.. tearing up at the 2 to 3 year old transition. My babies are 9 and almost 15(!).... so I miss them as little ones... but love them as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday to your little girl! You're right, 3 seems so much more grown up than 2yr. Like seeing the background of the street where you live - looks like a lovely area, and wow, you still got snow!

    ReplyDelete