Monday, April 22, 2013

inspiration monday: sick kids and inventory

the inspiration
emmy rossum
megan bird



skirt ~ H&M
shirt ~ TJ Maxx
shoes, belt ~ Target
earrings ~ from nora
tights ~ Marshalls

nora bird



blazer ~ vintage, thrifted
shirt ~ from megan
skirt ~ H&M
boots ~ Alloy

saturday night, eva started getting sick. poor kid freaked me out with a 104 fever, and i was up every two hours making sure she was ok. i took her to the minute clinic on sunday, and within two minutes of being there, they confirmed what i already knew...she has strep. so, a sick kid, paired with an overcast day and an extremely tired mom meant i was not going to get some of the wedding things done that i had planned for the day. however, with so few weekends left before the wedding, and that anxious feeling of a huge to do list, i knew i had to do something. so i set off to do something that i hadn't realized needed to be done...i removed savers and arc stickers from all of the items i had bought, and took inventory.

holy smokes, you guys, do we have a lot. granted, we need a lot, but when i actually took the time to organize it and count it, i was both overwhelmed and relieved to know the sheer amount of items we have will be enough. i knew how many bottles and tins we needed, and we have more than enough. i also knew how many table cloths we needed, and now know we need more. so i feel accomplished, even though i didn't really do much at all.

also, who knew...but my thumb and index finger are so sore from the constant rubbing of gooey sticker tags off of bottles and votives. occupational hazard, i guess!

also also, just to give you an idea of what i mean by "sheer amounts", i won't give you the whole list of inventory, but i will tell you that we are the proud owners of 100+ bottles and jars, 60+ vintage tins, 25 candy jars and 30 vintage plates. i might need to start a wedding decorating business after the wedding. two birds event designs? book us now for your party!

xoxo, two birds

23 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Poor kiddo. Those high fevers really freak me out! I like that you both took the general idea of the outfit but incorporated your own colors and prints. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope your little girl feels better soon. I had strep as a child also. I was so sick. You'll be fine for the wedding. The key with those kind of projects is to do a little each day . Great outfits! Love the pink skirt and tights; also blazer and skirt. Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you definitely should start a business! sorry they were sick - sounds like a rough day!! LOVE the print of that skirt nora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you're ahead of where you thought you were - always a good feeling.

    And I'm admiring Nora's bold bare legs in the middle of the snow.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really on top of things! That is awesome that you have all that stuff! Sorry to hear Eva was sick! I love both of your skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, poor Eva!

    On another note, these outfits are both so cute! Nora, I LOVE the pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I hope Eva feels better soon! Yay for having all your wedding stuff. I was working on wedding projects up to the very last minute...it definitely can get overwhelming.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $25 Gift Card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha - perhaps you will need to start up a Wedding business after. I felt like that after my ydd's wedding. Great pink tights, Megan! Sorry Eva is sick with strep. This is strep time of year, dang it! Nora your hair is so fun and adorable. and ...I linked today! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emmy can do no wrong in my book- I love your take on her style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry the little is sick... this long winter is taking it's toll!
    You both look adorable and sunshiny today! I'm coveting Nora's boots.... drooooool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd totally book you! I can't wait to see photos of this wedding, I'm sure the decor alone will be spectacular! I hate rubbing off price stickers, I'm sure your thumb would be sore! And poor Eva, I hope she gets feeling better fast!
    Megan your skirt is the cutest thing ever! I love your bright colors. And Nora looks like a darling school girl :)
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both look SO cute! Love the pink skirt, and love the blazer. And I cannot wait to see photos from your wedding and all the decor :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love in pink <3 ^^

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You both look amazing, love your skirts! I hope Eva feels better soon. I'm sure you'll find something to do with all the extra stuff after the wedding, DIY projects!? :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, you both capted Emmy's cuteness with Megan's adorable skater-skirt and Nora's cute bunches and skirt combo!!! I loved this inspiration! Hope Eva is now better! I am getting there slowly with the wedding- we've got our draft wedding invitations now and I am really pleased with them!x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor Eva! hope she gets better soon. Also, I would totally book you for event planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These skirts are adorable on you, ladies! Love how you find fashion inspiration.

    sincerelysammie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy healing wishes to eva! hooray for getting your inventory done. both your outfits today really did inspire me. it's such fun to see all the variation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Megan's candy-colored outfit is so much fun and Nora has me wishing I owned a navy blazer ... great interpretations of the inspiration look! :) Hope Eva is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh man it totally snowed again where you are! and look how cute you both look in your skirts. love the pink, megan, and nora you are sooo making me wish i did NOT give away that skirt you are wearing that i got in a swap. kicking myself right now.

    sick kids, man i've had a lot of those lately. sigh. haha, laughing at your inventory. if you were close i really WOULD have you help me out with a baby shower or something :)

    http://www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks you guys for the nice compliment to me today! (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  22. the pink is too fun...and i'm liking those alloy boots! i have yet to own one of these (style) skirts. i feel like i wouldn't be able to pull off the style, but love it every time i see it!

    ReplyDelete