Thursday, March 28, 2013

thursday remix: sister style

i have worked in restaurants, on and off, for most of my adult life. because of this, i have met lots and lots of people, both customers and fellow employees. and because of that, i sometimes see people that i recognize but i cannot place why or from where. this can, very often, make for awkward moments. take last night for example. a friend of mine and i met for a drink and a bite to eat at a new restaurant we had been wanting to check out. we sat at the bar, ordered a glass of wine and a salad, and were having a great time. at some point, i looked into the open kitchen and saw a face i recognized. i knew we had worked together...i even knew where...but i couldn't remember his name. luckily, it was a place where both jim and i had worked, so i had a brilliant idea. brilliant! i would take his picture and send it to jim! jim would know his name! i made my friend pretend to pose and i started taking photos with my phone. but the chef kept moving around and i couldn't get the shot. so, of course, i just kept trying. i thought i was being sly, but at some point (about 10 pictures in) one of the other cooks totally called me out. he walked up and asked, "ma'am, would you like me to take a picture for you? are you trying to take a picture of nick?" i tried to laugh it off and act like i was obviously just taking a picture of my friend, but they knew. oh, they knew, alright. and then "nick" stared at me for about ten seconds with a very confused look on his face. i think he recognized me, but he didn't know from where...needless to say, we paid the bill and got out of there.

okay, enough embarrassing stories. let's talk remix. i thrifted this zara dress a couple of weeks ago. i liked the pattern, the shape, and the price and i bought it without trying it on. when i got home, i realized it was a size too big. shoot! i wanted to see if i could still make it work, so i thought the remix would be perfect! let me know what you think! keep or donate?

nora bird



dress~ thrifted
vest/boots~ vintage, thrifted
tights~ Target

megan bird



t-shirt~ vintage, thrifted
boots~ 6pm.com
socks~ Target
jewelry~ F21

xoxo, two birds

18 comments:

  1. I hope both of you are doing well. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO funny that they were on to you! At least you figured out his name, right?

    Hmm, is it possible to get the dress tailored for a perfect fit? The heart print is adorable.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That totally sounds like something I would do - though I tend to remember people a little easier than my husband does, he'd be the one sending me the picture I think!

    LOVE this dress on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha! That's awesomely embarrassing! I think the dress looks fine since you both managed to cinch it in with an outer layer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both take on this are ADORABLE! I love the unexpected pink with it especially.

    and I have TOTALLY done the whole take a picture slyly thing and get caught because i am not sneaky AT ALL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh both outfits are too cute!

    P.S. so fun to know you are ALSO a Vikings fan, it's lonely out here in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is amazing. I love the print. Both styling are beautiful.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    Enter our iPad and Lilly Pulitzer iPad Case Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really fun dress! And I think you should keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I totally hear you. It's been a long, long time since I worked at Subway, but I did work in a lot of different locations and for eight years or so. Every time I would go to Wal-Mart or something I would see someone that I recognized or someone would recognize me from that place. That is a funny story! Good thing for you--he probably recognized you too. I love this dress and the ways you both styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora, those BOOTS ARE Fabulous! And I love your denim vest :) Megan, the bright pink really makes the dress stand out! Lovely sister remix ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU GUYS. I want the dress. I love how you both styled it, perfection!

    Omg that story is too funny! I can't believe the guy called you out on it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so funny, sounds like something I would do!

    Keep the dress...sometimes playing around with something a little big can make a really great statement, as you've both shown. AND you both look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can't stop laughing at that story! hahaha that is too funny how they caught on! i think the dress is a keeper. it looks great on the both of you. love the little heart print. so cute!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great, versatile dress! Love how you both styled it
    xL

    Enter to win a $300 Shopping Spree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is such a cute dress and I love the socks in the second outfit!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress-I need. I never find long sleeve dresses, I swear. Also, I'm kinda in love with that denim vest and by kinda I mean I 100% am.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nora and Megan! You two are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful looks!!! nice blog!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete