Thursday, March 14, 2013

thursday remix: sister style

if you follow me on instagram (@mrsbeyers) you probably know that i already dyed over my pink hair. i really did like it and i think my sister, izzy, did a great job (she dyed it). but every time i looked in the mirror, it just didn't look like me. i couldn't get used to it, even after a whole three days. so, i am back to being a brunette. not quite as fun. not nearly as cool. but much more me. and the older i get, the less i care about being cool and the more i care about just being me.

for this week's remix, i picked this sweater/tee shirt that i bought on mega clearance at target. i bought it in two colors (of course!) and since then i have worn this one once and the other one never. i am thinking, now that spring is just around the bend, i will start wearing them more. so, i needed some style inspiration. the remix is always good for that! let us know what you think!

nora bird



shirt/jeans~ Target
tank~ Heartbreaker
necklace~ vintage, thrifted
boots~ thrifted

megan bird



leggings~ Dots
boots~ Shoedazzle
earrings~ from nora
necklace~ Miz Outlet
tank/hat~ thrifted
sunglasses~ Rewind Vintage

xoxo, two birds

22 comments:

  1. great prints in this post today from the first set of pants to that second top! :)

    XO Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, almost the first comment :)

    You two are so cute, Nora I really love that sweater! I would look like a large lap pool if I wore it, but you two look so pretty :)

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool t-shirt, I do love a good stripe! Megan, I like the pattern top underneath, I'm going to have to steal that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of the sweater will be SO great for spring! Love how you both paired it with patterns. PS You should come link up this post on my blog today!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Avon Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the pattern mixing you've both got goin' on...so cute! And feeling like yourself is definitely better than feeling cool...the brunette color is perfect :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd say.... both cute!!! the outfit Megan is wearing is cheerier though:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits - blue is a good color on you both. I love seeing how you both wear something like this - simple but can be styled so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a closet full of Target clearance items I forget to wear! Love how you both styled it - what a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a similar sweater from Target in that color that I needed ideas for too - so this is helpful for me! Love both ways of styling it - and I especially love the owl necklace Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a lovely shade of blue! I like both of your looks. You guys always make me want to buy leggings, even though I never wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute looks! Nora you are super fresh and spring like today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looked awesome with the pink but I know what you mean about it just not being you. And it looks great like this too!
    I love Target clearance! I love that Nora mixed different shades of blue and Megan's look is totally sexy with the liquid leggings :)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the outfit it looks like something I would wear. It's so cute even though I don't wear pink that much. Keep up the good work girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both looks are great! Love the owl necklace!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it weird how a hair color or cut just makes you feel like NOT you
    cute outfits for both of you, you must have ice in your veins standing out in all that snow with no coats
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  17. always stay true to you. i've tried things to and some just don't work. at least you tried. love that owl necklace.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first thought was, "is that the same shirt?" You two made it look entirely different and I love both versions.

    See you on Monday for a fun IM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I love that turquoise top! It looks completely different on both of you!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog post! Xox

    WIN A CELINE POUCH RRP$600 on WWW.LEGYPSY.COM latest blog giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it...wonder twin power activate!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete