Tuesday, March 19, 2013

outfit of the day(bird): sisterhood of the traveling dress




dress~ c/o Fashionologie
clutch~ vintage, two birds
necklace~ Etsy, gift from jim
sandals~ Steve Madden

clearly, these photos were not taken in minnesota (the dang state is still covered in snow.) this is another outfit from our trip to mexico. i wore this dress to the rehearsal dinner for the wedding we were attending. the dinner didn't start until 7pm, it was outside, it was dark, and i was sitting almost the entire night. this made me sad because no one really got to see my dress and i really love this dress. megan and i found it at Fashionologie about a week before my trip and i knew immediately upon seeing it that i would be taking it to mexico. after both megan and i tried it on, we decided it was the sisterhood of the traveling dress. it fit us both perfectly (which is unusual for us with dresses, mainly because megan has the tiniest rib cage known to man and can fit into the teeniest dresses.) and, not only that, it actually gave me the illusion of curves! i dream of having the curves that my sisters were blessed with. in this dress, i felt almost as though i had inherited my mom's curvy genes rather than my dad's straight up and down body. i knew my flat butt and lack of hips were hidden under there, but at that moment i felt sexy and curvy. and that is all i ask for from a dress. that's not to much to ask, right?

xoxo, nora bird

p.s. we have a huge favor to ask of you. we were named as finalists in the Simon Style Setter contest. basically, we want to be bloggers for the Southdale Center (a local mall near where we live.) if you could take one minute to vote for us, we would truly appreciate it!!! it literally takes just a second...no logging in or anything! please click here to cast your vote! thank you so much!!!

31 comments:

  1. I love that dress! I'm already a fan of maxi dresses and the print looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors, and it's so awesome that it looks great on both of you :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect dress for a beach vacation! So awesome that it fits you both. I voted, good luck to you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same flat butt and lack of curves, and am always envious of those that have them. Maybe I should try this dress!

    Can't wait to hear if you guys get the Style Setter position!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this maxi dress! The bright colors are beautiful! How I'd love to me wearing it in Mexico, we still have very cold weather too!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress! It looks so great on you and what a fun print it has too!

    And I voted for you guys as you know! My fingers are crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is so beautiful! You look gorgeous Nora! :) I voted for you guys yesterday, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is gorgeous on you! The print and the bright colors are just perfect for Mexico. PS I voted!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful as usual. :)

    I voted again. When does this contest end? You're kicking ass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress looks great on you. Love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love for that dress to travel my way sista! It's so pretty.

    Voted, good luck girls.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is just beautiful on you! I love dresses that give me curves too! I love all the colors and the patterns. I voted for you ladies. Good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! Maybe I should try this dress, I don't really have any curves on the bottom half either. And I voted! Good luck you two!

    Olivine/Opal

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am mad jealous of you in these photos... I would kill someone to be in the sun right about now. Love the massive print on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I voted yesterday but it let me vote again today. Holla. I'll be clickin' that shit erry day til you win! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta go vote! But that dress is awesome. Can I borrow it too?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dress is so cute!!
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!

    The Fashion Heels
    Facebook
    Bloglovin
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dress is so pretty. I love the colors and the print. You look SO gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty dress! Love the look of maxi dresses but haven't worn one myself as I'm kinda short and not into heels.
    xx Allie | A Song to Pass the Time

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow such a beautiful dress! I love how colourful and lovely it is. Great wedges too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg! love the name on the post and what a gorg dress what a fantastic idea! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment on my pop of purple for spring eye makeup tutorial post! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voted for you! :)
    I love the colors of this dress, it's so bright and fun! Isn't it funny how sisters can have completely different body shapes? Me and my 2 sisters all have completely different body types and wear different sizes but once in a while there's an item that will fit us all.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Speaking of outfit envy (from your previous post), this is making me so jealous of you! I love your dress, print, colors and all! :D

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer


    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the dress and the whole idea of the "sisterhood"....theme.

    Voted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the scarf pattern on this maxi
    i bet you wear the heck out of it this summer
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  26. This dress is gorgeous on you! i love the print!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE THE DRESS ON YOU! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  28. love that dress perfect for summer.
    http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just wanted to let you know that I loved this outfit so much I've included you in my Favourite fashions.

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  30. DARN I missed voting and just saw this post! I Love your dress - how incredibly pretty! The colors are amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete