Wednesday, March 6, 2013

love*birds: 3.6.13

things i am loving this week:
~ are you guys sick of me talking about birthday weeks yet? because the only thing i love more than my own birthday week is chris' or the kids' birthday weeks. and this happens to be chris'. i've been trying every day to do something extra special for him. and this weekend, we have many plans! i'm so excited.
~ tattoos. i got my new one a few weeks ago, and now i am going back to cover up a very old and very ugly tattoo i got years ago. can't wait to show it off!!
~ snuggle time. even though it was because eva was sick, she and i got to spend almost an entire day snuggling in bed on monday. she feels better now, but i still might try to steal a few snugs!
~ chris. he inspires me every day. i am so lucky to have him in my life!

and here are some other things we are loving this week.

megan bird
vintage polka dot dress
i love the slouchy bust line of this dress and the low back. with a big vintage belt and some fun heels, i could go out dancing in this fun number!

balance lariat necklace
i love lariat necklaces, and this one is no exception, i love how delicate it is, and the gold and turquoise are so perfect together!

minnesota grown print
i love my homestate. and i love it's resources and beauty. this print sums up summer in minnesota for me. i might have to get it for myself!!

red lace trench coat
i certainly do not need another coat. or maybe it's just that i need another closet. either way, this coat would fit nicely in my closet, and would be worn in abundance once the snow melts and the temps start to rise!!

vintage pink cowgirl boots
i don't even think i need to say anything about these beauties. they speak for themselves!

blog*love
the forge
sophie of The Forge rocks this cozy and comfy and simple layered look in this post. seriously, i want to wear this every day. and she looks so cute in hats. check out her blog for great outfits and inspiration!

insta*love
if you follow me @meglets, you will know that we went to the beer and wine fest last weekend. curious traveler was handing out fake mustaches, and chris and i had to grab a few for the kids (and ourselves). i think eva and i look pretty badass with our new facial hair.

nora bird
spring strawberry dress

how cute is the print on this dress? come on spring! i am craving some pretty floral dresses!

turquoise necklace

gorgeous! i love the color! so pretty and delicate. i want to wear this every day.

70s wooden platform sandals

we just got about a foot of snow dropped on us, so i should not be thinking about sandals at all. but i am. and these are really cool.

geometric wood ring

this ring is so cool. i love the colors and the cool geometric print. a true statement ring!

sequin mini dress

who doesn't love sequins? this gold dress is so glam but looks so comfy! i really really love it!

blog*love
dress me perfect

dawn of Dress Me Perfect makes me want to dig out jim's old letter jacket and pair it with heels and skinnies. how cute does she look? so inspired!

insta*love
@mrsbeyers
i am so over winter. but we got a bunch of snow and you just have to embrace it. we took a nice long walk in it yesterday and it was actually really fun. i am, however, excited for it all to melt this weekend!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

21 comments:

  1. I love your sweet family posts. And the vintage looking red dress is a favorite in this post. You have a good week! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow you just got is coming this way tonight...thank god it'll be 50 by Saturday and melt! That sequin dress is so fun and gorgeous! Can't wait to see the new tattoo :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep we are getting that snow now.......I am loving it right now, but we'll see how much I love it in the next few days! Loving all of your inspiration today, especially the red dress and jacket. But you know me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Insta love picture!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both the polka dot dress and the strawberry dress you each picked! I think I'm just ready for sundresses! I'm kind of over this winter thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am loving that lariat necklace! it is so gorgeous!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the polka dot dress!! and the mustach picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first necklace is so stunning!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, that necklace would drive me crazy/nuts/batty/freaky. I would constantly be fiddling with it.

    Nora, I love the necklace you have. See Megan, see? That is how I HAVE TO have my necklaces. hahahahahaha.

    Megan. I love the pink cowgirl boots, of course.
    Nora, I love the ring, the awesome ring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like all of the jewelry in this post. Preeeettty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the picks this week! That necklace is darling, and I adore that print! I need a Michigan one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My week has been going good. I so Love the cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, I love both of those turquoise necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely picks! So many sweet choices. Thank you for featuring my wood ring! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I am loving that polka dot dress! And those cowgirl boots are totally swoon worthy! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, love both those turquoise necklaces (GOOOOOD colour combo! Very Egyptian methinks!)And that snowy scene from INstagram is gorgeous!!! I feel all festive looking at that!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. too much awesome stuff here! loving those wedges, the necklace, all of it! and birthday weeks are fab. this week Pigtails turned 3 and we've been celebrating practically everyday!

    http://www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow you have tattoos?? Do show! And that pic with the mustaches, oh my gosh hilarious :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would so wear those pink vintage cowboy boots with the spring strawberry dress! total insta cuteness. the end.

    ReplyDelete