Wednesday, March 27, 2013

love*birds: 3.27.13

things i am loving this week:
~ after a weekend + of mimi being sick, she is finally starting to feel better.
~ not having to be constantly cleaning up after a sick kid. seriously, it's amazing how much laundry (and other messes) one tiny, sick person makes.
~ new clothes. i have been cleaning out my closets and getting rid of stuff i never wear. and i may have bought a few new pieces for spring!
~ sleep. i have not gotten much of it lately, but i plan on catching up this weekend.
~ coffee. perfect after those nights of little to no sleep!
~ easter candy. i know easter is not until sunday, but i may have sneaked a few early pieces!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
screen print shift dress

this shift dress looks so comfy. i love the color and the print, too. a perfect dress for spring!

pendelton wool pillow

this pretty pillow would be sure to brighten any room!  and the geometric pattern is so fun!


50s vintage dress

such a gorgeous vintage dress. the textured fabric and print are so cool!

tiny heart earrings

how cute! these are the sweetest little earrings. and i am a sucker for anything this color!

vintage motorcycle jacket

everyone should own a motorcycle jacket. they are perfect for throwing on over just about anything! this fitted, vintage one is seriously so cool. in love!

blog*love
sincerely sammie

how beautiful is this vintage dress? the cutest tulip print + the way sammie styled it = springtime perfection!

insta*love
@mrsbeyers
just a little snuggle pile with the two cutest kids ever!

megan bird
handmade lamp
this is one of those lamps that i see on the pinterest fail sites all the time (of course this particular one is a 100% win). i'd much rather buy this beauty than try making it myself. i love how unique it is!

vintage brass planters
i am swooning (swanning) over these. seriously, how cute are they?

vintage plaid trench
i have been looking for a unique spring coat (if spring ever comes). i love this one...the plaid, the nautical feel, the fun epaulets...it might be the one!

vintage love sign
i love this. a little reminder of love hanging on your wall. i think i'm in love!

vintage lbd

what a fun twist on the little black dress. i love the pop of color, the different textures, and the amazing vintage quality of this dress!

blog*love

kathleen of Kat's Fashion Fix  looks perfectly casual and chic in this great outfit. i love the colors and accessories, and those jeans and booties were meant to be worn together!!

insta*love

@meglets
well, chris and i must be serious, because we got our wedding license on monday. we had to raise our right hands and promise we didn't lie about our personal information. we guaranteed that we lived where we said we lived and that we are in fact not related by blood or adoption. so, as of march 30, we will be able to get married anytime we want in the next six months!!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo,
two birds

23 comments:

  1. I'm cleaning out closets too! I've sneaked a couple of pieces of Easter candy also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those planters! That pillow! I want! So cute :) And I've definitely been sneaking the Easter candy in too ;)

    Sincerely Sammie is SUCH a cute girl with awesome style - glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need those tiny heart earrings since they go perfectly with my blog name :) Congrats on getting the marriage license!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous! thank you for including my swans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that Mimi is feeling better Nora! Congrats on the marriage license Megan!

    And I totally want that trench coat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad the little one is starting to feel better
    love the little black dress and that great pillow
    headed over to check out the recommended blog right now
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog girl and great post!

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um Nora, I think I need that dress in my life ASAP and Megan, LOVE that lamp!

    Sara
    http://zerotosixtyjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm digging all of the things you're LOVING - especially the 50s vintage dress and the teal shift dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little black dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad Mimi is feeling better! Sick littles are sad. :(

    Every time I vow to spend less on clothes you guys come up with something very tempting. That printed shift is calling my name!

    Jenn
    Olivine/Opal

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mint/turquoise dress and the same colored earrings. But the best part about your "love" posts are the featurettes you do on other bloggers. They always join me back because I tell them I saw them on 'two birds'. See, you guys have clout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...thanks for the shout out! Loving all of your finds! Especially those mint heart shaped earrings! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad Mimi is feeling a bit better- hopefully you can get some more sleep. I'm looking forward to the Easter candy- I can hear Reeses eggs calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! The vintage LBD with the pink bow is amazing!!
    BTW thanks for your visit and kind comment on my blog. Would you like to follow each other?? ;-)
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the love sign and the baby pile pic...and SO happy you got your marriage licence. Woohoo!

    I remember the 'tie dye' wedding cake I made back in the days when I still did cake decorating; I could so see you and Chris with that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh when is your wedding??? Mine is August! Lots of loveliness!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for getting your wedding license!! How exciting. I love Sammie's dress and that shift dress is perfect for Spring/summer. Also those heart earrings are darling! That lamp is awesome but I feel like I could never make it look like that haha. And I just discovered Kat's blog! Love it.
    -Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the tiny heart earrings, they are so adorable. And yay for you getting your marriage license, SO exciting! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is so perfect for summer! And I covet those adorable heart earrings!

    ReplyDelete