Thursday, February 28, 2013

thursday remix: sister style

you know when you're on an airplane and you get to recline your seat? i swear the seat has to actually be leaning forward when it is supposedly in the upright position and when you finally get to "recline" it is actually upright. but for some reason it feels so much more relaxing to have the seat "reclined". and why must the seat be in the upright position during takeoff or landing? why is that? how can it possibly be less safe to have your seat supposedly reclined a half an inch? i am convinced that this cannot be the case. jim and i were laughing on friday during our flight to mexico because we were seated behind two off-duty pilots and they kept their seats reclined the entire time. takeoff, landing, and in between. and the flight attendants totally let them get away with it. just one of the many perks of being an airline pilot, i suppose. free flights all over the world and the freedom to recline at will. i think i might look in to getting my pilot's license...

anyway, onto the remix. if you follow me on instagram (@mrsbeyers) then you already know i was wearing this sweater yesterday and i don't want to give it back to megan (don't worry, megan, i will). it is seriously so soft and cozy and cute! and i can think of so many fun ways to style it! it was a really great piece to remix. we hope you like it, too! let us know what you think!

nora bird



sweater~ b. (a resale shop)
tank top~ H&M
skirt~ F21
necklace~ Marc Jacobs
booties~ Shoedazzle
tights~ Target

megan bird



sweater~ b. (a resale shop)
tank~ thrifted
jeggings~ Marshalls
shoes~ Jessica Simpson, hand-me-down from little sister
necklace and bracelet~ vintage, thrifted
ring~ H&M

xoxo, two birds

25 comments:

  1. very cool love the stripes :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is so ridiculous that they were allowed to recline at takeoff and the rest of the plane couldn't! That sweater is so cute...love the cropped length1

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as I am a flight attendant extraordinaire, I'll jump in on the reclining seats question. It actually has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the person sitting behind you. The FAA mandates that people have a certain amount of room in the aisle to effectively exit in case of emergency. And when your seat is reclined, it eats into that area.

    As for the pilots, that annoys me. I tend to be even more of a stickler for the rules when it comes to airline employees because, come on, you know better dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an abuse of power all that reckless reclining! I guess you didn't have food service because then the tray would have been puncturing a lung when it's down.

    Love the yellow booties.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like such a cozy warm sweater! I love the F21 skirt you wore it with Nora, I need a skirt like that! And Megan, your necklace is so fun!

    I haven't flown anywhere in sooooo long. I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bro-in-law is a commercial pilot, I'll have to ask him about the seat thing - it is weird and pointless! I love the subtle stripe on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan - your hair!! Holy moly is freakin' cuuuute! Both you girls look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sign me up for a pilot's license too! That sweater looks great in both of your outfits, I might have to look for a similar one. I hope Mexico was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look so adorable! Nora... love that you layered the sweater over a skirt and Megan... I can't get enough of your HAIR! And this sweater paired with the green top and red pumps is perfect :)

    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I've wondered that too, but I am petrified of flying so I adhere to every ridiculous rule they have, just in case. I love this sweater! It is super cute on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lavender color looks great on both of you. Unless I need to sleep on a flight, I don't recline my seat, mostly because I get annoyed when the people in front of me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha! i often wondered the same thing. i guess they don't want you to be in a relaxed position upon take off. LOVE that sweater with both of your outfits. love that stripey with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the colored shoes on BOTH of you!!! way to rock it ladies!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you've both done with the sweater, the colour is fabulous and Megan, YOUR HAIR! You look so great!

    The shoes though, the bright pops of colour? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that sweater with the striped skirt and it looks so cute over the army green top!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness! I love the way you both took care of that sweater. When I saw Nora's version I thought it was awesome and then Megan's was as equally awesome. That sweater probably has even more version up it's sleeve!

    Thanks for the compliment of 'my legs' ...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you both wore colorful shoes with your outfits! Debbie @ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both looks are so fun and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the way you both styled that yummy looking crop sweater
    those boots Nora is wearing need to jump into my closet
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! Both outfits are equally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. while i was reading this post, i was saying yes, yes, yes, i do know how that feels! i adore that soft comfortable sweater, and the remix outfits. they make me smile. too true. see? :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sweater on top! Definitely what I like to do with my outfits sometimes! And I'm always a fan of the black pants with a bright shoe!! Love these outfits!

    xox Steph @ http://wishyouwereherexox.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete