Wednesday, February 27, 2013

love*birds: 2.27.13

things i am loving this week:
~ jim and i had the best time in mexico this past weekend. we ate lots of good food, drank many a mojito, mai tai, and pacifico, got massages on the beach, enjoyed the wedding of two dear friends, basked in the sun, played in the ocean, got only the slightest bit sunburned, danced, slept, laughed, and just generally relaxed. it was amazing.
~ i am so happy to be home with my babies.
~ it is almost march! i tend to think february is the hardest month of the winter. march always makes me think spring!
~ tropical vacations in february. i think they are a must. although, next time i will try to plan around megan's birthday!
~ did i mention i am so happy to be home to my kiddos???

and here are a few other things we are loving...

nora bird
cat eye sunglasses

i love these! the wood veneer frames are so unique. and a cat eye never goes out of style! such a chic pair of sunglasses.

owl tote

another week, another tote that i can't live without. how cute are these hand painted owls? so cute!

retro bikini

although i really don't think i could pull one off, i have always wanted a retro-style bikini. this one is adorable. i love the star print!

geometric necklace

this is the sweetest little necklace. and the colors are perfect for spring! i may have to make this mine.

victorian dagger earrings

these earrings are so pretty and a little bit edgy! i love the gorgeous sapphire-colored stones.

blog*love
We So Thrifty
Julie of We So Thrifty pulls off the peplum trend gorgeously in this post. oh, and did i mention she thrifted that dress for less that $5??? amazing.

insta*love

just one of the many gorgeous views we had in mexico. *sigh* i want to go back.

megan bird
succulent monogrammed planter
oh.my.goodness. i need this. if i buy it or make it, there will be one in my house soon!!

skylight dress
this is the dress i want to wear every summer weekend. i am dreaming of ice cold lemonade at the farmer's market, kids eating huge cinnamon buns (chris would have a brat), and me wearing this dress. perfection.

vintage peplum dress
i'm giving you all double dress perfection today. i adore this dress. the colors and fun take on peplum paired with the back cut-out makes this dress as unique as it is cute!

vintage 70s platform heels
i've been on a 70s wooden platform heel kick lately. i may need to splurge and get a pair for myself.

sideways anchor necklace
another simple, yet whimsical necklace. i'm loving these sideways necklaces. this one is especially fun! (yes dawn, i'm thinking you need to buy this!)

blog*love
Citizens of the World
adrienne of Citizens of the World almost makes me wish for winter to stay a bit longer in this outfit. (almost.) i love the coat with the stripes and the boots, and that ear-warmer bow is the cutest!

insta*love
eva's last day of beginner gymnastics was last saturday. parents got to see all that they learned, and then they were all presented with a medal as they stood on the podium for pictures. eva was (and still is) so proud of herself that she has worn that medal like a necklace every day since!! proud mama.

what are you loving today?

xoxo,
two birds

25 comments:

  1. Love the sunglasses.......and for some reason I'm loving retro pink appliances, both large and small, right now.

    So glad the Mexico trip was a success and congrats to proud bebes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such a good trip!! love the owl bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That anchor necklace is adorable...it would be so cute in the summer! I am SO glad it's almost March but we have gotten snowstorms in March before, ack.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had fun in mexico...sounds like a blast! I've always wanted to go away in February because it is definitely the hardest/worst month :) Hooray for March. Loving that owl tote and that geo necklace...so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the blog love you two!!!
    I am your newest follower and absolutely adoring your blog!
    -Adrienne. xo

    http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/
    http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great picks! love that vintage peplum dress xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nora, I love all of your finds this week - especially the owl tote!! And I want a retro swimsuit too!

    Megan, I love the picture of Eva - maybe we'll see her at the Olympics someday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How honoured I am to be listed among so many other lovely things! Thank you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am LOVING those cat eye sunnies... too cute! And love both of these blog looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pattern on the skylight dress -- it is perfect for hot summer days. I'm also pretty into those sandals, too. And those necklaces. And, basically, this whole post. Great collection!
    --Lily
    www.fifthfreedomfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, a tropical vacation sounds so amazing right now! Jelly! I am loving the idea of a retro swimsuit and that owl tote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Julie of We So Thrifty - she is a great thrifter and makes me laugh :)

    Sounds like Mexico was awesome! Glad you had a good time. Also, I need that owl tote in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tend to think January is the worst month - it's just so long and so boring after all the hoopla of the holidays. That being said, I am glad February is over - I'm ready for spring!

    And I must say, I'm a bit jealous of that tropical vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems as I am loving all the things your loving too :) Jealous of your Mexican vaca, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful finds! Thanks for featuring my handpainted owl tote!
    I am so thrilled to be featured on your lovely blog!
    thank you :)
    xoxo
    Sebnem
    http://www.shebbodesign.etsy.com
    http://www.shebbodesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you - Feb is the worst. March always comes with those unexpected warm days and you can actually get outside and enjoy yourself after being cooped up for so long.

    The pic from the podium is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the owl tote and the vintage dress, so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. a mai-tai needs to be in my life ASAP! and i totally agree, Feb draggssss on!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these loves. Especially the geometric necklace, the cat's eye sunglasses and that red and blue vintage dress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooooooooh, so much prettiness here! I love the M planter and Eva looks adorable! Vlog, vlog, vlog!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always think the high cut of those retro bikinis would be unflattering on me, but they sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, it sounds like you had a great mid-winter vacation! But, yes, it must also be great to be home and back to your family and daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. who's the cutest gymnast? i think we all know the answer. ;)

    ReplyDelete