Wednesday, February 20, 2013

love*birds: 2.20.13

things i am loving this week:
~ it's my birthday week. yes, week. chris is always a sweet guy and treats me extra princess-like on the week of my birthday.
~ case in point, we went to dinner and to see the book of mormon on sunday. loved it (not for the faint of heart, though).
~ i had a woman think i was a student. she may have been lying when she said that, but i don't care.
~ three-day work week. yep...i'm taking my birthday off, and it was president's day on monday, so basically today is my thursday.
~ i'm finally getting my haircut on friday. i'm thinking of getting bangs again...thoughts?

and here are some other things we are loving this week.
megan bird
i love the mixed patterns of this dress. and it makes me wish for summer, even more than i have been lately!! i might have to get this one.
vintage faux fur coat
probably the last thing i need is another faux fur coat. but when has need (or lack there of) ever stopped me from buying anything?

vintage platforms
i can't get summer out of my mind. and how perfect would these be this summer? i love the wooden platform!

triangle double necklace
i love this subtle statement necklace. it would accentuate almost any outfit!

home state tee
i adore this t-shirt. and don't fret, they have more than just my beautiful state!!

blog*love
va darling
andrea of va darling is mixing sexy and simple and shiny and did i say sexy?? in this fabulous outfit. i love the more masculine t-shirt mixed with the feminine necklace and those great booties make it all perfect!

insta*love
this is how non-plussed my kids get when i shop. they can just tuck away and sleep in the cart. and just to set the record straight, i would normally not shop when my kids are this tired. but eva had gymnastics, and we had 20 minutes to kill...it wasn't worth it to try to go home first!

nora bird

can it be summer already? and then can i wear this gorgeous dress every day? because i really want to.


cutest necklace ever! i love the bright colors. this would bring fun to any outfit!


jim and i have been singing this song to mimi since she was a baby. we used to sing it when she would get upset on car rides and it always calmed her down. pretty sure we need this print!


i love this simple, pretty piece. it's just really cool.


this dress is so pretty! i love the colors and it looks so comfy. i feel like this would be great for lounging around and could easily be dressed up for a night out, too!

blog*love
brittney (another beautiful thing) is wearing the perfect date night outfit in this post. i love that she layered her peplum over the most adorable bird print skirt!

insta*love
just my family and i being silly.

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

22 comments:

  1. I adore that home state T - I was hesitant to pull the trigger since it was over $25 - but probably worth it, right? Happy birthday week!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday week megan! I'm excited to see your haircut! i say go for the bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should get the bangs again, as long as you don't mind the maintenance! Those state tees are really cute!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    February Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always have tons of fun. Loving the picks this week.

    Happy Birthday/week/month/year!! Megan!! Enjoy to the max. You are blessing to me and so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great <3. Really like your blog dear ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tulip dress is GAWGEOUS! Okay...I'll stop yelling now : )

    Happy Birthday!


    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the feature :)

    -Andréa

    VA DARLING

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday week Megan!!

    I love that MN t-shirt, I think I kind of need it. And I think I'm going to end up breaking my darn ban, lol. Also, I'm thinking of summer too. All.The.Time. Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday week! LOVING those gold rings with the hot pink nails!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday week! That first dress is absolutely gorgeous...hope you have a fabulous birthday (and I vote for bangs)!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely LOVING the faux fur coat and lace dress! Also, those are both fabulous outfits!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK! Definitely deserve to be treated like a princess... well everyday but especially bday week! I VOTE BANGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday week! Love that tulip dress. And I completely agree, I am SO ready for summer and easy, flowy dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want those vintage platforms! xx. McKenna Lou
    p.s. Hop on over to Lynn and Lou for a special giveaway!
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all always find the cutest stuff. And happy birthday week! I saw Book of Mormon last year- it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tulip dress and the home state tee, they are so cute! I've heard fabulous things about the book of mormon and have always wanted to see it!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the home state tees! what a fun idea. also loving the dainty triangle ring, but i have been known to cut myself while (forgetting i have a pointy ring on and) rubbing my nose!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that first dress
    How fun is that state t-shirt, will have to go check out the site
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! You need the lace dress. I'm sure it would be well loved. Have fun with your new do! I'm having a love/hate relationship with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh that lace dress IS cute, do buy it! I love the moustaches!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...and happy birthday Megan, hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. the faux fur coat, the lace dress, the sleepy kids, and the darling family! :)

    ReplyDelete